[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/gmp
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Thu Jan 31 20:30:26 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/devel/gmp: Makefile distinfo inplace.mk
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches: patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches: patch-ad patch-ae patch-af patch-ag patch-ah
* When reading a C++ number (like mpz_class) in an istream reaches the end
of the stream, the eofbit is now set.
* The result sign of mpz_rootrem's remainder is now always correct.
* The mpz_remove function now handles negative divisors.
* Contains all fixes from release 5.0.5.
* The n-factorial and n-over-k functions have been reimplemented for great
speedups for small and large operands.
* New subquadratic algorithm for the Kronecker/Jacobi/Legendre symbol.
* Major speedup for ARM, in particular ARM Cortex-A9 and A15, thanks to broad
* Significant speedup or POWER6 and POWER7 thanks to improved assembly.
* The performance under M$ Windows' 64-bit ABI has been greatly improved
thanks to complete assembly support.
* Minor speed improvements of many functions and for many platforms.
* Many new CPUs recognised.
* New functions for multi-factorials, and primorial: mpz_2fac_ui,
mpz_mfac_uiui and mpz_primorial_ui.
* The mpz_powm_sec function now uses side-channel silent division for
converting into Montgomery residues.
* The fat binary mechanism is now more robust in its CPU recognition.
* Inclusion of assembly code is now controlled by the configure options
--enable-assembly and --disable-assembly. The "none" CPU targets is gone.
* In C++, the conversions mpq_class->mpz_class, mpf_class->mpz_class and
mpf_class->mpq_class are now explicit.
* Includes "mini-gmp", a small, portable, but less efficient, implementation
of a subset of GMP's mpn and mpz interfaces. Used in GMP bootstrap, but it
can also be bundled with applications as a fallback when the real GMP
library is unavailable.
* The ABIs under AIX are no longer called aix32 and aix64, but mode64 and 32.
This is more consistent with other powerpc systems.
* The coverage of the testsuite has been improved, using the lcov tool. See
* It is now possible to compile GMP using a C++ compiler.
* K&R C compilers are no longer supported.
* The BSD MP compatibility functions have been removed.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.64 -r1.65 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.38 -r1.39 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/inplace.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ac
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ad
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ae \
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-af pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ag \
pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ah pkgsrc/devel/gmp/patches/patch-ai \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |