[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/py-pandas
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: bad
Date: Mon Jan 7 23:18:36 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/math/py-pandas: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update pandas to 0.10.0.
pkgsrc change: depend on math/py-pytables.
Changes since 0.9.1:
* Delimited file parsing engine rewritten to use a fraction of memory while
being 40%+ faster.
- Much-improved Unicode handling via the encoding option.
- Column filtering (usecols)
- Dtype specification (dtype argument)
- Ability to specify strings to be recognized as True/False
- Ability to yield NumPy record arrays (as_recarray)
- High performance delim_whitespace option
- Decimal format (e.g. European format) specification
- Easier CSV dialect options: escapechar, lineterminator, quotechar, etc.
- More robust handling of many exceptional kinds of files observed in the wild
* API changes
- Deprecated DataFrame BINOP TimeSeries special case behavior
- Altered resample default behavior
- Infinity and negative infinity are no longer treated as NA by isnull and
- Methods with the inplace option now all return None instead of the calling
- pandas.merge no longer sorts the group keys (sort=False) by default.
- The default column names for a file with no header have been changed.
- Values like 'Yes' and 'No' are not interpreted as boolean by default.
- The file parsers will not recognize non-string values arising from a
converter function as NA.
- Calling fillna on Series or DataFrame with no arguments is no longer valid
- Series.apply will now operate on a returned value from the applied function.
- New API functions for working with pandas options.
* New features
- Wide DataFrame Printing.
- Updated PyTables Support.
- added ability to hierarchical keys.
- added mixed-dtype support!
- performance improvments on table writing.
- support for arbitrarily indexed dimensions.
- SparseSeries now has a density property.
* Bug fixes
- added Term method of specifying where conditions.
- del store['df'] now call store.remove('df') for store deletion.
- deleting of consecutive rows is much faster than before.
- in_itemsize parameter can be specified in table creation to force a minimum
size for indexing columns.
- indexing support via create_table_index (requires PyTables >= 2.3)
- appending on a store would fail if the table was not first created via put.
- fixed issue with missing attributes after loading a pickled dataframe.
- minor change to select and remove: require a table ONLY if where is also
- 0.10 of HDFStore is backwards compatible for reading tables created
in a prior version of pandas, however, query terms using the prior
(undocumented) methodology are unsupported.
* N Dimensional Panels (Experimental)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/math/py-pandas/Makefile \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |