[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Fri Jan 4 08:22:59 UTC 2013
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base: PLIST distinfo
UI, Workflows & Features
* Command-line completion scripts for tcsh and zsh have been added.
* "git-prompt" scriptlet (in contrib/completion) can be told to paint
pieces of the hints in the prompt string in colors.
* Some documentation pages that used to ship only in the plain text
format are now formatted in HTML as well.
* We used to have a workaround for a bug in ancient "less" that
causes it to exit without any output when the terminal is resized.
The bug has been fixed in "less" version 406 (June 2007), and the
workaround has been removed in this release.
* When "git checkout" checks out a branch, it tells the user how far
behind (or ahead) the new branch is relative to the remote tracking
branch it builds upon. The message now also advises how to sync
them up by pushing or pulling. This can be disabled with the
advice.statusHints configuration variable.
* "git config --get" used to diagnose presence of multiple
definitions of the same variable in the same configuration file as
an error, but it now applies the "last one wins" rule used by the
internal configuration logic. Strictly speaking, this may be an
API regression but it is expected that nobody will notice it in
* A new configuration variable "diff.context" can be used to
give the default number of context lines in the patch output, to
override the hardcoded default of 3 lines.
* "git format-patch" learned the "--notes=<ref>" option to give
notes for the commit after the three-dash lines in its output.
* "git log -p -S<string>" now looks for the <string> after applying
the textconv filter (if defined); earlier it inspected the contents
of the blobs without filtering.
* "git log --grep=<pcre>" learned to honor the "grep.patterntype"
configuration set to "perl".
* "git replace -d <object>" now interprets <object> as an extended
SHA-1 (e.g. HEAD~4 is allowed), instead of only accepting full hex
* "git rm $submodule" used to punt on removing a submodule working
tree to avoid losing the repository embedded in it. Because
recent git uses a mechanism to separate the submodule repository
from the submodule working tree, "git rm" learned to detect this
case and removes the submodule working tree when it is safe to do so.
* "git send-email" used to prompt for the sender address, even when
the committer identity is well specified (e.g. via user.name and
user.email configuration variables). The command no longer gives
this prompt when not necessary.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.50 -r1.51 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.38 -r1.39 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.64 -r1.65 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |