[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/automake
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sun Dec 9 15:06:48 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/automake: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.12.5:
New in 1.12.5:
* WARNING: Future backward-incompatibilities!
- Future versions of Automake will likely drop support for the
long-deprecated 'configure.in' name for the Autoconf input file.
You are advised to use the recommended name 'configure.ac' instead.
- Support for the "Cygnus-style" trees (as enabled by the 'cygnus'
option) will be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13).
- The long-obsolete (since automake 1.10) AM_PROG_MKDIR m4 macro will
be removed in Automake 1.13. The $(mkdir_p) make variable and the
@mkdir_p@ substitution will still remain available (as aliases of
$(MKDIR_P)) for the moment, for better backward compatibility.
- Autoconf 2.65 or later will be required by the next major Automake
version (1.13). Until now, Automake has required Autoconf version
2.62 or later.
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the rules
to build pdf, ps and dvi output from Texinfo input will use the
'--build-dir' option by default. Since such an option was only
introduced in Texinfo 4.9, this means that Makefiles generated by
future Automake versions will require at least that version of
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the parallel
testsuite harness (previously only enabled by the 'parallel-tests'
option) will become the default one; the older serial testsuite
harness will still be available through the use of the 'serial-tests'
- The following long-obsolete m4 macros will be removed in the
next major Automake version (1.13):
AM_PROG_CC_STDC: superseded by AC_PROG_CC since October 2002
fp_PROG_CC_STDC: broken alias for AM_PROG_CC_STDC
fp_WITH_DMALLOC: old alias for AM_WITH_DMALLOC
AM_CONFIG_HEADER: superseded by AC_CONFIG_HEADERS since July 2002
ud_PATH_LISPDIR: old alias for AM_PATH_LISPDIR
jm_MAINTAINER_MODE: old alias for AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
ud_GNU_GETTEXT: old alias for AM_GNU_GETTEXT
gm_PROG_LIBTOOL: old alias for AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
fp_C_PROTOTYPES: old alias for AM_C_PROTOTYPES (which was part
of the now-removed automatic de-ANSI-fication
support of Automake)
- All the "old alias" macros in 'm4/obsolete.m4' will be removed in
the next major Automake version (1.13).
- The '--acdir' option of aclocal is deprecated, and will probably
be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13). You should
use the options '--automake-acdir' and '--system-acdir' instead
(which have been introduced in Automake 1.11.2).
- The 'missing' script will no longer try to update the timestamp
of out-of-date files that require a maintainer-specific tool to be
remade, in case the user lacks such a tool (or has a too-old version
of it). In fact, starting from Automake 1.13, all it'll do will be
giving more useful warnings than a bare "command not found" from a
make recipe would.
* Vala support:
- The AM_PROG_VALAC macro has been enhanced to takes two further
optional arguments; it's signature now being
- By default, AM_PROG_VALAC no longer aborts the configure invocation
if the Vala compiler found is too old, but simply prints a warning
messages (as it did when the Vala compiler was not found). This
should avoid unnecessary difficulties for end users that just want
to compile the unmodified, distributed Vala-generated C sources,
but happens to have an old Vala compiler in their PATH. This fixes
- If no proper Vala compiler is found at configure runtime, AM_PROG_VALAC
will set the AC_SUBST'd variable 'VALAC' to 'valac' rather than to ':'.
This is a better default, because with it a triggered makefile rule
invoking a Vala compilation will clearly fail with an informative error
message like "valac: command not found", rather than silently, with
the error possibly going unnoticed or triggering harder-to-diagnose
fallout failures in later steps.
* Miscellaneous changes:
- automake and aclocal no longer honours the 'perllibdir' environment
variable. That had always been intended only as an hack required in
the testsuite, not meant for any use beyond that.
Bugs fixed in 1.12.5:
* Long-standing bugs:
- Automake no longer generates spurious remake rules invoking autoheader
to regenerate the template corresponding to header files specified after
the first one in AC_CONFIG_HEADERS (automake bug#12495).
- When wrapping Microsoft tools, the 'compile' script falls back to
finding classic 'libname.a' style libraries when 'name.lib' and
'name.dll.lib' aren't available.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.88 -r1.89 pkgsrc/devel/automake/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.40 -r1.41 pkgsrc/devel/automake/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |