[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Sun Dec 2 13:56:40 UTC 2012
* The configuration parser had an unnecessary hardcoded limit on
variable names that was not checked consistently.
* The "say" function in the test scaffolding incorrectly allowed
"echo" to interpret "\a" as if it were a C-string asking for a
* "git mergetool" feeds /dev/null as a common ancestor when dealing
with an add/add conflict, but p4merge backend cannot handle
it. Work it around by passing a temporary empty file.
* "git log -F -E --grep='<ere>'" failed to use the given <ere>
pattern as extended regular expression, and instead looked for the
* "git grep -e pattern <tree>" asked the attribute system to read
"<tree>:.gitattributes" file in the working tree, which was
* A symbolic ref refs/heads/SYM was not correctly removed with "git
branch -d SYM"; the command removed the ref pointed by SYM
* Earlier we fixed documentation to hyphenate "remote-tracking branch"
to clarify that these are not a remote entity, but unhyphenated
spelling snuck in to a few places since then.
* "git pull --rebase" run while the HEAD is detached tried to find
the upstream branch of the detached HEAD (which by definition
does not exist) and emitted unnecessary error messages.
* The refs/replace hierarchy was not mentioned in the
* Sometimes curl_multi_timeout() function suggested a wrong timeout
value when there is no file descriptors to wait on and the http
transport ended up sleeping for minutes in select(2) system call.
A workaround has been added for this.
* Various rfc2047 quoting issues around a non-ASCII name on the
From: line in the output from format-patch have been corrected.
* "git diff -G<pattern>" did not honor textconv filter when looking
* Bash completion script (in contrib/) did not correctly complete a
lazy "git checkout $name_of_remote_tracking_branch_that_is_unique"
* RSS feed from "gitweb" had a xss hole in its title output.
* "git config --path $key" segfaulted on "[section] key" (a boolean
"true" spelled without "=", not "[section] key = true").
* "git checkout -b foo" while on an unborn branch did not say
"Switched to a new branch 'foo'" like other cases.
Also contains other minor fixes and documentation updates.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.49 -r1.50 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.63 -r1.64 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |