[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/bind98
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: taca
Date: Wed Oct 10 03:06:37 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/net/bind98: Makefile distinfo
Update bind98 package to 9.8.4.
Here are change changes from release note. Note security fixes except
CVE-2012-5166 should be already fixed in previous version of bind98 package.
Please refer https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-00797 for list of full bug fixes.
* A deliberately constructed combination of records could cause named to hang
while populating the additional section of a response. [CVE-2012-5166] [RT
* Prevents a named assert (crash) when queried for a record whose RDATA
exceeds 65535 bytes [CVE-2012-4244] [RT #30416]
* Prevents a named assert (crash) when validating caused by using "Bad cache"
data before it has been initialized. [CVE-2012-3817] [RT #30025]
* A condition has been corrected where improper handling of zero-length RDATA
could cause undesirable behavior, including termination of the named
process. [CVE-2012-1667] [RT #29644]
* Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm keys and signatures in DNSSEC are
now supported per RFC 6605. [RT #21918]
* Improves OpenSSL error logging [RT #29932]
* nslookup now returns a nonzero exit code when it is unable to get an answer.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/net/bind98/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/net/bind98/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |