[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/automake
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Tue Oct 2 17:15:11 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/automake: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.12.4:
New in 1.12.4:
* WARNING: Future backward-incompatibilities!
- Future versions of Automake will likely drop support for the
long-deprecated 'configure.in' name for the Autoconf input file.
You are advised to use the recommended name 'configure.ac' instead.
- Support for the "Cygnus-style" trees (as enabled by the 'cygnus'
option) will be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13).
- The long-obsolete (since automake 1.10) AM_PROG_MKDIR m4 macro will
be removed in Automake 1.13. The $(mkdir_p) make variable and the
@mkdir_p@ substitution will still remain available (as aliases of
$(MKDIR_P)) for the moment, for better backward compatibility.
- Autoconf 2.65 or later will be required by the next major Automake
version (1.13). Until now, Automake has required Autoconf version
2.62 or later.
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the rules
to build pdf, ps and dvi output from Texinfo input will use the
'--build-dir' option by default. Since such an option was only
introduced in Texinfo 4.9, this means that Makefiles generated by
future Automake versions will require at least that version of
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the parallel
testsuite harness (previously only enabled by the 'parallel-tests'
option) will become the default one; the older serial testsuite
harness will still be available through the use of the 'serial-tests'
- The following long-obsolete m4 macros will be removed in the
next major Automake version (1.13):
AM_PROG_CC_STDC: superseded by AC_PROG_CC since October 2002
fp_PROG_CC_STDC: broken alias for AM_PROG_CC_STDC
fp_WITH_DMALLOC: old alias for AM_WITH_DMALLOC
AM_CONFIG_HEADER: superseded by AC_CONFIG_HEADERS since July 2002
ud_PATH_LISPDIR: old alias for AM_PATH_LISPDIR
jm_MAINTAINER_MODE: old alias for AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
ud_GNU_GETTEXT: old alias for AM_GNU_GETTEXT
gm_PROG_LIBTOOL: old alias for AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
fp_C_PROTOTYPES: old alias for AM_C_PROTOTYPES (which was part
of the now-removed automatic de-ANSI-fication
support of Automake)
- All the "old alias" macros in 'm4/obsolete.m4' will be removed in
the next major Automake version (1.13).
- The '--acdir' option of aclocal is deprecated, and will probably
be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13). You should
use the options '--automake-acdir' and '--system-acdir' instead
(which have been introduced in Automake 1.11.2).
- The 'missing' script will not try anymore to update the timestamp
of out-of-date files that require a maintainer-specific tool to be
remade, in case the user lacks such a tool (or has a too-old version
of it). In fact, starting from Automake 1.13, all it'll do will be
giving more useful warnings than a bare "command not found" from a
make recipe would.
* Warnings and deprecations:
- Warnings in the 'obsolete' category are enabled by default both in
automake and aclocal.
* Miscellaneous changes:
- Some testsuite weaknesses and spurious failures have been fixed.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.85 -r1.86 pkgsrc/devel/automake/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.39 -r1.40 pkgsrc/devel/automake/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |