[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Tue Sep 4 12:17:12 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base: PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches: patch-aa patch-af
UI, Workflows & Features
* Git can be told to normalize pathnames it read from readdir(3) and
all arguments it got from the command line into precomposed UTF-8
(assuming that they come as decomposed UTF-8), in order to work
around issues on Mac OS.
I think there still are other places that need conversion
(e.g. paths that are read from stdin for some commands), but this
should be a good first step in the right direction.
* Per-user $HOME/.gitconfig file can optionally be stored in
$HOME/.config/git/config instead, which is in line with XDG.
* The value of core.attributesfile and core.excludesfile default to
$HOME/.config/git/attributes and $HOME/.config/git/ignore respectively
when these files exist.
* Logic to disambiguate abbreviated object names have been taught to
take advantage of object types that are expected in the context,
e.g. XXXXXX in the "git describe" output v1.2.3-gXXXXXX must be a
commit object, not a blob nor a tree. This will help us prolong
the lifetime of abbreviated object names.
* "git apply" learned to wiggle the base version and perform three-way
merge when a patch does not exactly apply to the version you have.
* Scripted Porcelain writers now have access to the credential API via
the "git credential" plumbing command.
* "git help" used to always default to "man" format even on platforms
where "man" viewer is not widely available.
* "git clone --local $path" started its life as an experiment to
optionally use link/copy when cloning a repository on the disk, but
we didn't deprecate it after we made the option a no-op to always
use the optimization. The command learned "--no-local" option to
turn this off, as a more explicit alternative over use of file://
* "git fetch" and friends used to say "remote side hung up
unexpectedly" when they failed to get response they expect from the
other side, but one common reason why they don't get expected
response is that the remote repository does not exist or cannot be
read. The error message in this case was updated to give better
hints to the user.
* "git help -w $cmd" can show HTML version of documentation for
"git-$cmd" by setting help.htmlpath to somewhere other than the
default location where the build procedure installs them locally;
the variable can even point at a http:// URL.
* "git rebase [-i] --root $tip" can now be used to rewrite all the
history leading to "$tip" down to the root commit.
* "git rebase -i" learned "-x <cmd>" to insert "exec <cmd>" after
each commit in the resulting history.
* "git status" gives finer classification to various states of paths
in conflicted state and offer advice messages in its output.
* "git submodule" learned to deal with nested submodule structure
where a module is contained within a module whose origin is
specified as a relative URL to its superproject's origin.
* A rather heavy-ish "git completion" script has been split to create
a separate "git prompting" script, to help lazy-autoloading of the
completion part while making prompting part always available.
* "gitweb" pays attention to various forms of credits that are
similar to "Signed-off-by:" lines in the commit objects and
highlights them accordingly.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.46 -r1.47 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.33 -r1.34 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.59 -r1.60 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches/patch-af
cvs rdiff -u -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-docs/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |