[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/sysutils/tarsnap
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: riz
Date: Sat Sep 1 20:40:54 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/sysutils/tarsnap: Makefile distinfo
Update tarsnap to version 1.0.33.
Changes since version 1.0.32:
- Tarsnap now caches archive metadata blocks in RAM, typically
providing a 5x - 10x speedup and reduction in bandwidth usage
in the "fsck" operation and when deleting a large number of
archives at once.
- Tarsnap's internal "chunk" metadata structure is now smaller,
providing a ~10% reduction in usage on 32-bit machines and a
~30% reduction in memory usage on 64-bit machines.
- Tarsnap's --newer* options now correctly descend into old
directories in order to look for new files. (But note that
tarsnap's snapshotting makes these options unnecessary in
- Multiple minor bug fixes and cleanups.
Changes since version 1.0.31:
- A bug affecting the handling of the --nodump option on Linux
(and in most cases rendering it inoperative) is fixed.
- A workaround has been added for a compiler bug in OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- The NetBSD "kernfs" and "ptyfs" filesystems are now excluded
from archival by default.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/sysutils/tarsnap/Makefile \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |