[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Mon Jul 23 20:16:04 UTC 2012
* The error message from "git push $there :bogo" (and its equivalent
"git push $there --delete bogo") mentioned that we tried and failed
to guess what ref is being deleted based on the LHS of the refspec,
which we don't.
* A handful of files and directories we create had tighter than
necessary permission bits when the user wanted to have group
writability (e.g. by setting "umask 002").
* "commit --amend" used to refuse amending a commit with an empty log
message, with or without "--allow-empty-message".
* "git commit --amend --only --" was meant to allow "Clever" people to
rewrite the commit message without making any change even when they
have already changes for the next commit added to their index, but
it never worked as advertised since it was introduced in 1.3.0 era.
* Even though the index can record pathnames longer than 1<<12 bytes,
in some places we were not comparing them in full, potentially
replacing index entries instead of adding.
* "git show"'s auto-walking behaviour was an unreliable and
unpredictable hack; it now behaves just like "git log" does when it
* "git diff", "git status" and anything that internally uses the
comparison machinery was utterly broken when the difference
involved a file with "-" as its name. This was due to the way "git
diff --no-index" was incorrectly bolted on to the system, making
any comparison that involves a file "-" at the root level
incorrectly read from the standard input.
* We did not have test to make sure "git rebase" without extra options
filters out an empty commit in the original history.
* "git fast-export" produced an input stream for fast-import without
properly quoting pathnames when they contain SPs in them.
* "git checkout --detach", when you are still on an unborn branch,
should be forbidden, but it wasn't.
* Some implementations of Perl terminates "lines" with CRLF even when
the script is operating on just a sequence of bytes. Make sure to
use "$PERL_PATH", the version of Perl the user told Git to use, in
our tests to avoid unnecessary breakages in tests.
Also contains minor typofixes and documentation updates.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.45 -r1.46 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.58 -r1.59 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |