[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Wed Jul 18 12:09:57 UTC 2012
* On Cygwin, the platform pread(2) is not thread safe, just like our
own compat/ emulation, and cannot be used in the index-pack
program. Makefile variable NO_THREAD_SAFE_PREAD can be defined to
avoid use of this function in a threaded program.
* "git add" allows adding a regular file to the path where a
submodule used to exist, but "git update-index" does not allow an
equivalent operation to Porcelain writers.
* "git archive" incorrectly computed the header checksum; the symptom
was observed only when using pathnames with hi-bit set.
* "git blame" did not try to make sure that the abbreviated commit
object names in its output are unique.
* Running "git bundle verify" on a bundle that records a complete
history said "it requires these 0 commits".
* "git clone --single-branch" to clone a single branch did not limit
the cloning to the specified branch.
* "git diff --no-index" did not correctly handle relative paths and
did not correctly give exit codes when run under "--quiet" option.
* "git diff --no-index" did not work with pagers correctly.
* "git diff COPYING HEAD:COPYING" gave a nonsense error message that
claimed that the treeish HEAD did not have COPYING in it.
* When "git log" gets "--simplify-merges/by-decoration" together with
"--first-parent", the combination of these options makes the
simplification logic to use in-core commit objects that haven't
been examined for relevance, either producing incorrect result or
taking too long to produce any output. Teach the simplification
logic to ignore commits that the first-parent traversal logic
ignored when both are in effect to work around the issue.
* "git ls-files --exclude=t -i" did not consider anything under t/ as
excluded, as it did not pay attention to exclusion of leading paths
while walking the index. Other two users of excluded() are also
* "git request-pull $url dev" when the tip of "dev" branch was tagged
with "ext4-for-linus" used the contents from the tag in the output
but still asked the "dev" branch to be pulled, not the tag.
Also contains minor typofixes and documentation updates.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.44 -r1.45 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.57 -r1.58 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |