[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Fri Jul 6 09:29:14 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet: Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk distinfo
pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
Update to 3.5.1, from Jaap Boender.
6 years of changes. 3.5.1 in particular has:
it is time for another version of Ocamlnet. The new release 3.5 focuses on
the system interface, and includes a long list of smaller improvements.
The system interface, Netsys_posix, is extended by:
- Support for POSIX clocks and POSIX timers (with nanosecond resolution)
- Netsys_posix.spawn usses now the posix_spawn call if present on the OS
- Adding support for pollable events (as e.g. provided by Linux via
eventfd). For other OS an emulation is available.
- Support for epoll on Linux
Note that Netsys_posix covers now large parts of POSIX realtime.
- The code generator for XDR has been improved. A new switch -direct for
ocamlrpcgen can be used to generate direct mappings between OCaml values
and binary representation (in many cases). Speedups up to 50% are
possible for large XDR values.
- The new module Uq_mt allows it to access an event-driven resource from
several kernel threads (e.g. use an RPC client commonly from several
- The thread-safety of Netplex container functions has been improved.
- Netmulticore condition variables can now be polled, for better
integration into event-based programs.
- Option greedy_accepts for Netplex to support servers that accept
many connections per second. With this improvement, Netplex can
now accept more than 5000 connections/s, and assign them to worker
Last but not least there is now a new tutorial for Equeue (event systems
and engines). In particular, the section about combining Ocamlnet with Lwt
might be interesting.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/options.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/patches/patch-Makefile.rules
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/net/ocamlnet/patches/patch-ab
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |