[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: morr
Date: Sun Jul 1 19:19:42 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/databases/postgresql83: Makefile.common distinfo
Security update to version 8.3.19.
* Fix incorrect password transformation in contrib/pgcrypto's DES crypt()
function (Solar Designer)
* If a password string contained the byte value 0x80, the remainder of the
password was ignored, causing the password to be much weaker than it appeared.
With this fix, the rest of the string is properly included in the DES hash. Any
stored password values that are affected by this bug will thus no longer match,
so the stored values may need to be updated. (CVE-2012-2143)
* Ignore SECURITY DEFINER and SET attributes for a procedural language's call
handler (Tom Lane)
* Applying such attributes to a call handler could crash the server.
* Allow numeric timezone offsets in timestamp input to be up to 16 hours away
from UTC (Tom Lane)
* Some historical time zones have offsets larger than 15 hours, the previous
limit. This could result in dumped data values being rejected during reload.
* Fix timestamp conversion to cope when the given time is exactly the last DST
transition time for the current timezone (Tom Lane)
* This oversight has been there a long time, but was not noticed previously
because most DST-using zones are presumed to have an indefinite sequence of
future DST transitions.
* Fix text to name and char to name casts to perform string truncation
correctly in multibyte encodings (Karl Schnaitter)
* Fix memory copying bug in to_tsquery() (Heikki Linnakangas)
* Fix slow session startup when pg_attribute is very large (Tom Lane)
* If pg_attribute exceeds one-fourth of shared_buffers, cache rebuilding code
that is sometimes needed during session start would trigger the
synchronized-scan logic, causing it to take many times longer than normal. The
problem was particularly acute if many new sessions were starting at once.
* Ensure sequential scans check for query cancel reasonably often (Merlin
* A scan encountering many consecutive pages that contain no live tuples would
not respond to interrupts meanwhile.
* Ensure the Windows implementation of PGSemaphoreLock() clears
ImmediateInterruptOK before returning (Tom Lane)
* This oversight meant that a query-cancel interrupt received later in the same
query could be accepted at an unsafe time, with unpredictable but not good
* Show whole-row variables safely when printing views or rules (Abbas Butt, Tom
* Corner cases involving ambiguous names (that is, the name could be either a
table or column name of the query) were printed in an ambiguous way, risking
that the view or rule would be interpreted differently after dump and reload.
Avoid the ambiguous case by attaching a no-op cast.
* Ensure autovacuum worker processes perform stack depth checking properly
* Previously, infinite recursion in a function invoked by auto-ANALYZE could
crash worker processes.
* Fix logging collector to not lose log coherency under high load (Andrew
* The collector previously could fail to reassemble large messages if it got
* Fix logging collector to ensure it will restart file rotation after receiving
SIGHUP (Tom Lane)
* Fix PL/pgSQL's GET DIAGNOSTICS command when the target is the function's
first variable (Tom Lane)
* Fix several performance problems in pg_dump when the database contains many
objects (Jeff Janes, Tom Lane)
* pg_dump could get very slow if the database contained many schemas, or if
many objects are in dependency loops, or if there are many owned sequences.
* Fix contrib/dblink's dblink_exec() to not leak temporary database connections
upon error (Tom Lane)
* Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2012c for DST law changes in
Antarctica, Armenia, Chile, Cuba, Falkland Islands, Gaza, Haiti, Hebron,
Morocco, Syria, and Tokelau Islands; also historical corrections for Canada.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.23 -r1.24 pkgsrc/databases/postgresql83/Makefile.common
cvs rdiff -u -r1.21 -r1.22 pkgsrc/databases/postgresql83/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.20 -r1.21 pkgsrc/databases/postgresql83-client/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.13 -r1.14 pkgsrc/databases/postgresql83-plpython/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/databases/postgresql83-server/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |