[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/pam-krb5
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: pettai
Date: Sat Jun 16 22:15:23 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/security/pam-krb5: Makefile distinfo
* Add an anon_fast option that attempts anonymous authentication
(generally implemented via anonymous PKINIT inside the Kerberos
library) and then, if successful, uses those credentials for FAST
armor. If fast_ccache and anon_fast are both specified, anonymous
authentication will be used as a fallback if the specified FAST ticket
cache doesn't exist. Based on patches from Yair Yarom.
* Add a user_realm option to only set the realm for unqualified user
principals. This differs from the existing realm option in that realm
also changes the default realm for authorization decisions and for
verification of credentials. Update the realm option documentation to
clarify the differences and remove incorrect information. Patch from
Roland C. Dowdeswell.
* Add a no_prompt option to suppress the PAM module's prompt for the
user's password and defer all prompting to the Kerberos library. This
allows the Kerberos library to have complete control of the prompting
process, which may be desireable if authentication mechanisms other
than password are in use. Be aware that, with this option set, the
PAM module has no control over the contents of the prompt and cannot
store the user's password in the PAM data. Based on a patch by Yair
* Add a silent option to force the module to behave as if the
application had passed in PAM_SILENT and suppress text messages and
errors from the Kerberos library. Patch from Yair Yarom.
* Add preliminary support for Kerberos trace logging via a trace option
that enables trace logging if supported by the underlying Kerberos
library. The option takes as an argument the file name to which to
log trace output. This option does not yet work with any released
version of Kerberos, but may work with the next release of MIT
* MIT Kerberos does not add a colon and space to its password prompts,
but Heimdal does. pam-krb5 previously unconditionally added a colon
and space, resulting in doubled colons with Heimdal. Work around this
inconsistency by not adding the colon and space if already present.
* Fix alt_auth_map support to preserve the realm of the authentication
identity when forming the alternate authentication principal, matching
* Document that the alt_auth_map format may contain a realm to force all
mapped principals to be in that realm. In that case, don't add the
realm of the authentication identity. Note that this can be used as a
simple way to attempt authentication in an alternate realm first and
then fall back to the local realm, although any complex attempt at
authentication in multiple realms should instead run the module
multiple times with different realm settings.
* Avoid a NULL pointer dereference if krb5_init_context fails.
* Fix initialization of time values in the module configuration on
platforms (like S/390X) where krb5_deltat is not equivalent to long.
* Close a memory leak when search_k5login is set but the user has no
* Close several memory leaks in alt_auth_map support.
* Suppress bogus error messages about unknown option for the realm
option. The option was being parsed and honored despite the error.
* Retry authentication under try_first_pass on several other errors in
addition to decrypt integrity check errors to handle a wider array of
possible "password incorrect" error messages from the KDC.
* Update to rra-c-util 4.4:
* Update to C TAP Harness 1.12:
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/security/pam-krb5/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/security/pam-krb5/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |