[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/automake
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sun Jun 3 21:18:30 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/automake: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.12.1:
New in 1.12.1:
* WARNING: Future backward-incompatibilities!
- Starting from either the next minor version (1.12.2) or the next major
version (1.13), Automake will start warning if 'configure.in' is used
instead of 'configure.ac' as the Autoconf input. Future versions of
Automake will drop support for 'configure.in' altogether.
- Autoconf 2.65 or later will be required by the next major Automake
version (1.13). Until now, Automake has required Autoconf version
2.62 or later.
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the rules to
build pdf, ps and dvi output from Texinfo input will use the '--tidy'
option by default. Since such an option was introduced in Texinfo
4.9, this means that Makefiles generated by future Automake versions
will require at least that version of Texinfo.
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the parallel
testsuite harness (previously only enabled by the 'parallel-tests'
option) will become the default one; the older serial testsuite
harness will still be available through the use of the 'serial-tests'
- The following long-obsolete m4 macros will be removed in the
next major Automake version (1.13):
AM_PROG_CC_STDC: superseded by AC_PROG_CC since October 2002
fp_PROG_CC_STDC: broken alias for AM_PROG_CC_STDC
fp_WITH_DMALLOC: old alias for AM_WITH_DMALLOC
AM_CONFIG_HEADER: superseded by AC_CONFIG_HEADERS since July 2002
ud_PATH_LISPDIR: old alias for AM_PATH_LISPDIR
jm_MAINTAINER_MODE: old alias for AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
ud_GNU_GETTEXT: old alias for AM_GNU_GETTEXT
gm_PROG_LIBTOOL: old alias for AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
fp_C_PROTOTYPES: old alias for AM_C_PROTOTYPES (which was part
of the now-removed automatic de-ANSI-fication
support of Automake)
- All the "old alias" macros in 'm4/obsolete.m4' will be removed in
the next major Automake version (1.13).
- Support for the two- and three-arguments invocation forms of the
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macro will be deprecated in the next minor version
of Automake (1.12.1) and removed in the next major version (1.13).
- The '--acdir' option of aclocal is deprecated, and will probably
be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13). You should
use the options '--automake-acdir' and '--system-acdir' instead
(which have been introduced in Automake 1.11.2).
- The exact order in which the directories in the aclocal macro
search path are looked up is probably going to be changed in the
next Automake release (1.13).
* New supported languages:
- Support for Objective C++ has been added; it should work similarly to
the support for Objective C.
* Deprecated obsolescent features:
- Use of the long-deprecated two- and three-arguments invocation forms
of the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macro now elicits a warning in the 'obsolete'
category. Starting from the next major Automake release (1.13), such
usages won't be allowed anymore.
- Support for the "Cygnus-style" trees (enabled by the 'cygnus' option) is
now deprecated (its use triggers a warning in the 'obsolete' category).
It will be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13).
- The long-obsolete (since 1.10) automake-provided $(mkdir_p) make
variable, @mkdir_p@ configure-time substitution and AM_PROG_MKDIR
m4 macro are deprecated, eliciting a warning in the 'obsolete'
category. They will be removed in the next major version (1.13).
* Miscellaneous changes:
- The Automake test cases now require a proper POSIX-conforming shell.
Older non-POSIX Bourne shells (like Solaris 10 /bin/sh) won't be
accepted anymore. In most cases, the user shouldn't have to specify
such POSIX shell explicitly, since it will be looked up at configure
time. Still, when this lookup fails, or when the user wants to
override its conclusion, the variable 'AM_TEST_RUNNER_SHELL' can be
used (pointing to the shell that will be used to run the Automake
Bugs fixed in 1.12.1:
* Bugs introduced by 1.12:
- Several weaknesses in Automake's own build system and test suite
have been fixed.
* Bugs introduced by 1.11.3:
- When given non-option arguments, aclocal rejects them, instead of
silently ignoring them.
* Long-standing bugs:
- When the 'color-tests' option is in use, forcing of colored testsuite
output through "AM_COLOR_TESTS=always" works even if the terminal is
a non-ANSI one, i.e., if the TERM environment variable has a value of
- Several inefficiencies and poor performances in the implementation
of the parallel-tests 'check' and 'recheck' targets have been fixed.
- The post-processing of output "#line" directives done the ylwrap
script is more faithful w.r.t. files in a subdirectory; for example,
if the processed file is "src/grammar.y", ylwrap will correctly
produce directives like:
#line 7 "src/grammar.y"
rather than like
#line 7 "grammar.y"
as it did before.
* Bugs with new Perl versions:
- Aclocal works correctly with perl 5.16.0 (automake bug#11543).
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.82 -r1.83 pkgsrc/devel/automake/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.36 -r1.37 pkgsrc/devel/automake/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |