[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Sat Jun 2 22:28:01 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/databases/mysql55-client: Makefile.common distinfo
* The --safe-mode server option now is deprecated and will be removed in MySQL
* Performance: InnoDB: Improved the algorithm related to adaptive flushing.
This fix increases the rate of flushing in cases where compression is used
and the data set is larger than the buffer pool, leading to eviction.
* InnoDB: In a transaction using the REPEATABLE READ isolation level, an UPDATE
or DELETE statement for an InnoDB table could sometimes overlook rows
recently committed by other transactions. As explained in Section 220.127.116.11,
“Consistent Nonlocking Reads”, DML statements within a REPEATABLE READ
transaction apply to rows committed by other transactions, even if a query
could not see those rows.
* InnoDB: The Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_flushed status variable was incorrectly
set to twice the value it should be. Its value should never exceed the value
* InnoDB: The error handling and message was improved for attempting to create
a foreign key with a column referencing itself. The message suggested
a potential problem with the data dictionary, when no such problem existed.
* InnoDB: The CHECK TABLE statement could fail for a large InnoDB table due to
a timeout value of 2 hours. For typical storage devices, the issue could
occur for tables that exceeded approximately 200 or 350 GB, depending on I/O
speed. The fix relaxes the locking performed on the table being checked,
which makes the timeout less likely. It also makes InnoDB recognize the
syntax CHECK TABLE QUICK, which avoids the possibility of the timeout
* Replication: It was theoretically possible for concurrent execution of more
than one instance of SHOW BINLOG EVENTS to crash the MySQL Server.
* Replication: Statements using AUTO_INCREMENT, LAST_INSERT_ID(), RAND(), or
user variables could be applied in the wrong context on the slave when using
statement-based replication and replication filtering server options (see
Section 16.2.3, “How Servers Evaluate Replication Filtering Rules”).
* Replication: An INSERT into a table that has a composite primary key that
includes an AUTO_INCREMENT column that is not the first column of this
composite key is not safe for statement-based binary logging or replication.
Such statements are now marked as unsafe and fail with an error when using
the STATEMENT binary logging format. For more information, see Section
18.104.22.168, “Determination of Safe and Unsafe Statements in Binary Logging”, as
well as Section 22.214.171.124, “Replication and AUTO_INCREMENT”.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.18 -r1.19 pkgsrc/databases/mysql55-client/Makefile.common
cvs rdiff -u -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/databases/mysql55-client/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.16 -r1.17 pkgsrc/databases/mysql55-server/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |