[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/p5-Net-SNMP
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: sno
Date: Thu May 31 09:07:07 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/net/p5-Net-SNMP: Makefile distinfo
Updating package for CPAN module Net::SNMP in net/p5-Net-SNMP from
5.2.0nb4 to 6.0.1.
- Adjust license
- Adjust dependencies
- remove patch which correct bogus attributes (upstream fixed)
RELEASE 6.0.1 SEP-09-2010
- Removed all occurrences of the "locked" attribute that was
deprecated in Perl 5.12.0.
- Changed the test validating the presence of a monotonic time value
to check for invalid implementations.
- The SNMPv3 contextEngineID and contextName are now stored as part
of the request allowing for these values to be changed between
RELEASE 6.0.0 SEP-09-2009
- Substantial internal code cleanup was performed based upon the
Perl::Critic module and the "Perl Best Practices" book.
- Added support for the Module::Build system for building, testing,
and installing Perl modules.
- The translation logic for OCTET STRINGs now uses the definition of
a DisplayString in RFC 2579 to determine if the octets are to be
converted into a hexadecimal representation.
- The get_table() and get_entries() methods were refactored as part
of the code cleanup. The get_entries() method now handles "holes"
in tables better and indexes with a value of zero.
- The inheritance structure of the Transport Domain objects was
updated to reduce code duplication and increase maintainability.
- The resolution of IPv6 addresses was made more exhaustive.
- The handling of OBJECT IDENTIFIERs was made more efficient by
using [un]pack() with a BER compressed integer template.
- Additional validation of the values passed to most methods is now
performed and the error messages have been made more robust.
- The documented examples were updated based upon commonly asked
questions (specifically Example 3 and Example 4).
- A Response-PDU with an error-status set to "noError" no longer
generates an error when the error-index is non-zero, as decribed
in Section 4.2.4 of RFC 3416.
- The function oid_lex_cmp() was added to provide for the
lexicographical comparison of two OBJECT IDENTIFIERs.
- The error-status is no longer set for the exceptions noSuchObject,
noSuchInstance, and endOfMibView when translation is not enabled.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.27 -r1.28 pkgsrc/net/p5-Net-SNMP/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/net/p5-Net-SNMP/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/net/p5-Net-SNMP/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |