[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/py-crypto
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Fri May 25 08:28:13 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/security/py-crypto: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 2.6:
* [CVE-2012-2417] Fix LP#985164: insecure ElGamal key generation.
In the ElGamal schemes (for both encryption and signatures), g is
supposed to be the generator of the entire Z^*_p group. However, in
PyCrypto 2.5 and earlier, g is more simply the generator of a random
sub-group of Z^*_p.
The result is that the signature space (when the key is used for
signing) or the public key space (when the key is used for encryption)
may be greatly reduced from its expected size of log(p) bits, possibly
down to 1 bit (the worst case if the order of g is 2).
While it has not been confirmed, it has also been suggested that an
attacker might be able to use this fact to determine the private key.
Anyone using ElGamal keys should generate new keys as soon as
Any additional information about this bug will be tracked at
* Huge documentation cleanup (thanks: Legrandin).
* Added more tests, including test vectors from NIST 800-38A
* Remove broken MODE_PGP, which never actually worked properly.
A new mode, MODE_OPENPGP, has been added for people wishing to write
OpenPGP implementations. Note that this does not implement the full
OpenPGP specification, only the "OpenPGP CFB mode" part of that
* Fix: getPrime with invalid input causes Python to abort with fatal
* Fix: Segfaults within error-handling paths
(thanks: Paul Howarth & Dave Malcolm)
* Fix: Block ciphers allow empty string as IV
* Fix DevURandomRNG to work with Python3's new I/O stack.
(thanks: Sebastian Ramacher)
* Remove automagic dependencies on libgmp and libmpir, let the caller
disable them using args.
* Many other minor bug fixes and improvements (mostly thanks to
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.26 -r1.27 pkgsrc/security/py-crypto/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/security/py-crypto/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/security/py-crypto/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |