[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/math/mpfr
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sun Apr 22 15:13:26 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/math/mpfr: Makefile distinfo inplace.mk
Update to 3.1.0:
Changes from versions 3.0.* to version 3.1.0:
- The "canard à l'orange" release.
- The MPFR source has been reorganized.
- Dropped ansi2knr support.
- TLS support is now detected automatically. If TLS is supported, MPFR is
built as thread safe by default. To disable TLS explicitly, configure
MPFR with --disable-thread-safe.
- New --enable-gmp-internals configure option to use GMP's undocumented
functions (not from the public API). Note that library versioning is
not guaranteed to work if this option is used.
- The mpfr_urandom and mpfr_urandomb functions now return identical values
on processors with different word size (assuming the same random seed, and
since the GMP random generator does not depend itself on the word size,
- The mpfr_add_one_ulp and mpfr_sub_one_ulp macros (which are obsolete and
no more documented) will be removed in a future release.
- Speed improvement for the mpfr_sqr and mpfr_div functions using Mulders'
algorithm. As a consequence, other functions using those routines are
- Much faster formatted output (mpfr_printf, etc.) with %Rg and similar.
- The --with-gmp-build configure option can now be used when the GMP
source directory and the GMP build directory are different (without
having to copy header files manually as before).
- New functions mpfr_buildopt_gmpinternals_p, mpfr_buildopt_tune_case,
mpfr_frexp, mpfr_grandom and mpfr_z_sub.
- New divide-by-zero exception (flag) and associated functions.
- The mpfr.h header can be included several times, while still supporting
optional functions (see Section "Headers and Libraries" in the manual).
- Updated tuning parameters.
- Improved MPFR manual.
- MPFR tests: libtool no longer generates wrapper scripts with "make check"
(so that running the tests under valgrind or gdb is easier).
- Bug fixes.
Note: The mpfr_subnormalize implementation up to MPFR 3.0.0 did not change
the flags. In particular, it did not follow the generic rule concerning
the inexact flag (and no special behavior was specified). The case of the
underflow flag was more a lack of specification.
All 160 tests passed
(1 test was not run)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.19 -r1.20 pkgsrc/math/mpfr/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/math/mpfr/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/math/mpfr/inplace.mk
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |