[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Fri Apr 13 20:43:24 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base: Makefile PLIST distinfo
* various "gitk" updates.
- show the path to the top level directory in the window title
- update preference edit dialog
- display file list correctly when directories are given on command line
- make "git-describe" output in the log message into a clickable link
- avoid matching the UNIX timestamp part when searching all fields
- give preference to symbolic font names like sans & monospace
- allow comparing two commits using a mark
- "gitk" honors log.showroot configuration.
* Teams for localizing the messages from the Porcelain layer of
commands are starting to form, thanks to Jiang Xin who volunteered
to be the localization coordinator. Translated messages for
simplified Chinese, Swedish and Portuguese are available.
* The configuration mechanism learned an "include" facility; an
assignment to the include.path pseudo-variable causes the named
file to be included in-place when Git looks up configuration
* A content filter (clean/smudge) used to be just a way to make the
recorded contents "more useful", and allowed to fail; a filter can
now optionally be marked as "required".
* Options whose names begin with "--no-" (e.g. the "--no-verify"
option of the "git commit" command) can be negated by omitting
"no-" from its name, e.g. "git commit --verify".
* "git am" learned to pass "-b" option to underlying "git mailinfo", so
that a bracketed string other than "PATCH" at the beginning can be kept.
* "git clone" learned "--single-branch" option to limit cloning to a
single branch (surprise!); tags that do not point into the history
of the branch are not fetched.
* "git clone" learned to detach the HEAD in the resulting repository
when the user specifies a tag with "--branch" (e.g., "--branch=v1.0").
Clone also learned to print the usual "detached HEAD" advice in such
a case, similar to "git checkout v1.0".
* When showing a patch while ignoring whitespace changes, the context
lines are taken from the postimage, in order to make it easier to
view the output.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.37 -r1.38 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.43 -r1.44 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.29 -r1.30 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.50 -r1.51 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |