[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Params-Validate
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: sno
Date: Thu Mar 22 14:10:06 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/p5-Params-Validate: Makefile distinfo
Update package for Perl5 module Params::Validate from CPAN in
devel/p5-Params-Validate from 1.00 to 1.06.
- add Module::Implementation requirement
- Shut up warnings when XS is loaded on older 5.8.x Perl versions. Reported by
Aaron James Trevena. RT #74742.
- The XS code had a code path where it could pass the contents of a Perl
variable as the first argument to the XS croak() subroutine. This subroutine
is like printf(), and should receive a format string as its first
argument. According to RT #74777, this can lead to segfaults on some systems.
This could in theory be a security bug, but it's very unlikely that
untrusted user input could end up being passed to this croak(). It is called
when a spec specifies a "depend" value on another parameter. The value of
the "depend" parameter was passed in the first argument to croak().
Reported by Andreas Voegele.
- Use the latest Module::XSOrPP dzil plugin to generate a saner Build.PL. No
need update if you're using an earlier version.
- This release uses Module::Implementation to handle loading the XS or pure
Perl implementation of Params::Validate.
- The previous release never loaded the XS implementation, even if it had been
- With newer versions of Perl, the pure Perl implementation treated regexp
objects differently than the XS implementation. They should be treated as
belonging to the SCALARREF type for backwards compatibility.
- These two bugs combined managed to break the test suites of a number of
modules on CPAN. This release should fix them.
- The generated Build.PL detects whether or not the machine it's run on has a
working compiler, and disables XS automatically if it doesn't. Fixes RT
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.39 -r1.40 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Params-Validate/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.21 -r1.22 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Params-Validate/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |