[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: gdt
Date: Thu Feb 23 15:16:24 UTC 2012
Update to 18.104.22.168.
Fixes since v22.214.171.124
* Bash completion script (in contrib/) did not like a pattern that
begins with a dash to be passed to __git_ps1 helper function.
* Adaptation of the bash completion script (in contrib/) for zsh
incorrectly listed all subcommands when "git <TAB><TAB>" was given
to ask for list of porcelain subcommands.
* The build procedure for profile-directed optimized binary was not
working very well.
* Some systems need to explicitly link -lcharset to get locale_charset().
* t5541 ignored user-supplied port number used for HTTP server testing.
* The error message emitted when we see an empty loose object was
not phrased correctly.
* The code to ask for password did not fall back to the terminal
input when GIT_ASKPASS is set but does not work (e.g. lack of X
with GUI askpass helper).
* We failed to give the true terminal width to any subcommand when
they are invoked with the pager, i.e. "git -p cmd".
* map_user() was not rewriting its output correctly, which resulted
in the user visible symptom that "git blame -e" sometimes showed
excess '>' at the end of email addresses.
* "git checkout -b" did not allow switching out of an unborn branch.
* When you have both .../foo and .../foo.git, "git clone .../foo" did not
favor the former but the latter.
* "git commit" refused to create a commit when entries added with
"add -N" remained in the index, without telling Git what their content
in the next commit should be. We should have created the commit without
* "git diff --stat" said "files", "insertions", and "deletions" even
when it is showing one "file", one "insertion" or one "deletion".
* The output from "git diff --stat" for two paths that have the same
amount of changes showed graph bars of different length due to the
way we handled rounding errors.
* "git grep" did not pay attention to -diff (hence -binary) attribute.
* The transport programs (fetch, push, clone)ignored --no-progress
and showed progress when sending their output to a terminal.
* Sometimes error status detected by a check in an earlier phase of
"git receive-pack" (the other end of "git push") was lost by later
checks, resulting in false indication of success.
* "git rev-list --verify" sometimes skipped verification depending on
the phase of the moon, which dates back to 1.7.8.x series.
* Search box in "gitweb" did not accept non-ASCII characters correctly.
* Search interface of "gitweb" did not show multiple matches in the same file
Also contains minor fixes and documentation updates.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.34 -r1.35 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.48 -r1.49 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |