[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Mon Feb 6 13:11:35 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base: PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches: patch-aa patch-ae patch-af
* gitk updates accumulated since early 2011.
* git-gui updated to 0.16.0.
* git-p4 (in contrib/) updates.
* Git uses gettext to translate its most common interface messages
into the user's language if translations are available and the
locale is appropriately set. Distributors can drop new PO files
in po/ to add new translations.
* The code to handle username/password for HTTP transactions used in
"git push" & "git fetch" learned to talk "credential API" to
external programs to cache or store them, to allow integration with
platform native keychain mechanisms.
* The input prompts in the terminal use our own getpass() replacement
when possible. HTTP transactions used to ask for the username without
echoing back what was typed, but with this change you will see it as
* The internals of "revert/cherry-pick" have been tweaked to prepare
building more generic "sequencer" on top of the implementation that
* "git rev-parse FETCH_HEAD" after "git fetch" without specifying
what to fetch from the command line will now show the commit that
would be merged if the command were "git pull".
* "git add" learned to stream large files directly into a packfile
instead of writing them into individual loose object files.
* "git checkout -B <current branch> <elsewhere>" is a more intuitive
way to spell "git reset --keep <elsewhere>".
* "git checkout" and "git merge" learned "--no-overwrite-ignore" option
to tell Git that untracked and ignored files are not expendable.
* "git commit --amend" learned "--no-edit" option to say that the
user is amending the tree being recorded, without updating the
commit log message.
* "git commit" and "git reset" re-learned the optimization to prime
the cache-tree information in the index, which makes it faster to
write a tree object out after the index entries are updated.
* "git commit" detects and rejects an attempt to stuff NUL byte in
the commit log message.
* "git commit" learned "-S" to GPG-sign the commit; this can be shown
with the "--show-signature" option to "git log".
* fsck and prune are relatively lengthy operations that still go
silent while making the end-user wait. They learned to give progress
output like other slow operations.
* The set of built-in function-header patterns for various languages
* "git log --format='<format>'" learned new %g[nNeE] specifiers to
show information from the reflog entries when walking the reflog
(i.e. with "-g").
* "git pull" can be used to fetch and merge an annotated/signed tag,
instead of the tip of a topic branch. The GPG signature from the
signed tag is recorded in the resulting merge commit for later
* "git log" learned "--show-signature" option to show the signed tag
that was merged that is embedded in the merge commit. It also can
show the signature made on the commit with "git commit -S".
* "git branch --edit-description" can be used to add descriptive text
to explain what a topic branch is about.
* "git fmt-merge-msg" learned to take the branch description into
account when preparing a merge summary that "git merge" records
when merging a local branch.
* "git request-pull" has been updated to convey more information
useful for integrators to decide if a topic is worth merging and
what is pulled is indeed what the requestor asked to pull,
- the tip of the branch being requested to be merged;
- the branch description describing what the topic is about;
- the contents of the annotated tag, when requesting to pull a tag.
* "git pull" learned to notice 'pull.rebase' configuration variable,
which serves as a global fallback for setting 'branch.<name>.rebase'
configuration variable per branch.
* "git tag" learned "--cleanup" option to control how the whitespaces
and empty lines in tag message are cleaned up.
* "gitweb" learned to show side-by-side diff.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.32 -r1.33 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.27 -r1.28 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.46 -r1.47 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.13 -r1.14 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches/patch-ae
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/patches/patch-af
cvs rdiff -u -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-docs/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |