[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/archivemail
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Tue Jan 24 11:49:33 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/mail/archivemail: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update archivemail to 0.9.0.
Notable changes in archivemail 0.9.0:
* IMAP: support for international mailbox names containing non-ASCII
Notable changes in archivemail 0.8.0:
* Removed the feature to setuid to the mailbox owners when run as root.
This was a bad idea; it's really hard to do safely, if at all possible.
Obsoletes: patch #2783134.
* New option --archive-name, or short -a, to hard-code an archive filename.
Like the --suffix and --prefix options, it is expanded with strftime().
This option conflicts with archiving multiple mailboxes. Closes: feature
* New option --prefix, or short -p, to specify an archive name prefix. Like
a suffix specified with the --suffix option, the prefix is expanded with
strftime(). Specifying this option disables the default archive name
suffix. Obsoletes: feature request #604281. (Thanks Serafeim Zanikolas
for an initial patch)
* New option --all to archive all messages in a mailbox. Closes: #1764846.
* archivemail now expands wildcards in IMAP mailbox names. For example, the
url imaps://user@server/foo/* will expand to all subfolders of foo.
Closes: feature request #1978540. Obsoletes: patch #1918937.
* To determine the delivery date of a message, archivemail now looks for the
timestamp of the latest 'Received' header before resorting to
'Resent-Date' or 'Date'. This should give much better results when there
is no 'Delivery-date' header, which is still checked first.
(Thanks Andrew Ferrier & Christian Brabandt)
Closes: #1481316, #1764855, Debian bug #272666.
* We now omit the dotlock if we don't have sufficient permissions to create
it in the mbox directory. (The file is still locked with lockf.)
Together with more changes under the hood (see below) this means
archivemail can now operate on mbox files in the system mail spool.
* Replaced some simple minded file operation security checks with more
decent ones. This means we can safely operate in /tmp, for example. The
price is that we no longer accept symlinked files. Obsoletes: patch
* The archive now also gets locked while archivemail updates it.
* mbox locking got completely rewritten. Switched from flock to lockf
locking, which is NFS-safe and portable, and we now lock with lockf first,
then with a dotlock, instead of the other way around. (This is makes
archivemail compatible with Debian systems. ;)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/mail/archivemail/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/mail/archivemail/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/mail/archivemail/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/mail/archivemail/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/mail/archivemail/patches/patch-setup.py
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |