[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-pip
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: pettai
Date: Mon Jan 23 21:39:32 UTC 2012
Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/devel/py-pip
In directory ivanova.netbsd.org:/tmp/cvs-serv26672
pip is a replacement for easy_install. It uses mostly the same
techniques for finding packages, so packages that were made
easy_installable should be pip-installable as well.
pip is meant to improve on easy_install. Some of the improvements:
* All packages are downloaded before installation.
Partially-completed installation doesn't occur as a result.
* Care is taken to present useful output on the console.
* The reasons for actions are kept track of. For instance, if
a package is being installed, pip keeps track of why that package
* Error messages should be useful.
* The code is relatively concise and cohesive, making it easier
to use programmatically.
* Packages don't have to be installed as egg archives, they can
be installed flat (while keeping the egg metadata).
* Native support for other version control systems (Git, Mercurial
* Uninstallation of packages.
* Simple to define fixed sets of requirements and reliably
reproduce a set of packages.
Vendor Tag: TNF
Release Tags: pkgsrc-base
No conflicts created by this import
Main Index |
Thread Index |