[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/sbcl
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: asau
Date: Tue Jan 10 03:48:08 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/lang/sbcl: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to SBCL 1.0.55
New in version 1.0.55
* enhancements to building SBCL using make.sh:
+ --fancy can be specified to enable all supported feature
+ --with-<feature> and --without-<feature> can be used to
specify which features to build with.
+ --arch option can be used to specify the architecture to
build for. (Mainly useful for building 32-bit SBCL's on
x86-64 hosts, not full-blows cross-compilation.)
* enhancement: extended package prefix syntax
<pkgname>::<form-in-package> which allows specifying name
of the default interning package for the whole form.
* enhancement: when *READ-EVAL* is true, arrays with element
type other than T can be printed readably using #.-based
syntax. (Thanks to Robert Brown)
* enhancement: MAKE-ALIEN signals a storage-condition instead
of returning a null alien when malloc() fails. (#891268)
* enhancement: SB-EXT:PRINT-UNREADABLY restart for
PRINT-NOT-READABLE conditions can be conveniently accessed
through function with the same name, analogously to CONTINUE.
* enhancement: SB-EXT:*SUPPRESS-PRINT-ERRORS* can be used to
suppress errors from the printer by type, causing an error
marker to be printed instead. (Thanks to Attila Lendvai)
* enhancement: BACKTRACE and DESCRIBE now bind *PRINT-CIRCLE*
to T, and generally behave better when errors occur during
* enhancement: the test runner now takes a --report-skipped-tests
argument to report the individual tests skipped as well as the
number of skipped tests.
* enhancement: undefined functions now appear in backtraces as
("undefined function") instead of ("bogus stack frame") on
* enhancement: detected deadlocks no longer cause stderr to be
spammed, and deadlock errors are reported in an easier-to-decipher
* enhancement: DESCRIBE on type designators reports the
expansion in more cases.
* enhancement: SBCL now provides either an explicit :BIG-ENDIAN
or :LITTLE-ENDIAN in *FEATURES*, instead of :BIG-ENDIAN being
implied by lack of the :LITTLE-ENDIAN feature. (Thanks to
Luis Oliveira, #901661)
* enhancement: better disassembly of segment-prefixes on x86
and other instruction prefixes (e.g. LOCK) on x86 and x86-64.
* optimization: FIND and POSITION on bit-vectors are orders of
magnitude faster (assuming KEY and TEST are not used, or are
* optimization: SUBSEQ on vectors of unknown element type is
substantially faster. (#902537)
* optimization: specialized arrays with non-zero :INITIAL-ELEMENT
can be stack-allocated. (#902351)
* optimization: the compiler is smarter about representation
selection for floating point constants used in full calls.
* optimization: the compiler no longer refuses to coerce large
fixnums to single floats inline, except on x86 where this
limitation is still necessary.
* bug fix: deadlock detection could report the same deadlock
twice, for two different threads. Now a single deadlock is
reported exactly once.
* bug fix: interval-arithmetic division during type derivation
did not account for signed zeros.
* bug fix: compiler error when typechecking a call to a
function with non-constant keyword arguments.
* bug fix: misoptimization of TRUNCATE causing erratic behaviour.
* bug fix: condition slot accessors no longer cause undefined
function style-warnings when used in the :REPORT clause of
the DEFINE-CONDITION form that defines them. (#896379)
* bug fix: DEFGENERIC warns about unsupported declarations, as
specified by ANSI. (#894202)
* bug fix: SUBTYPEP tests involving forward-referenced classes
no longer bogusly report NIL, T.
* bug fix: bogus style-warnings for DEFMETHOD forms that both
declared some required arguments ignored and performed
assignments to others. (#898331)
* bug fix: *EVALUATOR-MODE* :COMPILE treated (LET () ...)
identically to (LOCALLY ...) leading to internally
* bug fix: non-toplevel DEFSTRUCT signaled a style warning for
* bug fix: redefining a function whose previous definition
contained an unknown type no longer causes a style-warning. (#806243)
* bug fix: undefined functions now appear in backtraces as
("undefined function") instead of ("bogus stack frame") on non-x86oids.
* bug fix: backtraces are no longer cut off at ("undefined
function") when called under certain circumstances (involving a
caller-allocated stack frame) on PPC.
* bug fix: RUN-PROGRAM leaked a file-descriptor per call on
non-Windows systems. (regression since 1.0.53)
* bug fix: GC deadlocks from dladdr() on certain platforms.
* bug fix: broken standard streams no longer automatically
cause recursive errors on debugger entry.
* bug fix: build ignored --dynamic-space-size=<size> argument
to make.sh (regression since 1.0.53)
* bug fix: attempts to stack allocate a required argument to a
function with an external entry point caused compiler-errors.
* bug fix: compiler notes for failed stack allocation for a
function argument no longer claim to be unable to stack
allocate the function.
* bug fix: COERCE now signals a type-error on several
coercions to subtypes of CHARACTER that are forbidden
according to ANSI. (#841312)
* bug fix: missing failure-to-stack-allocate compiler notes
for some forms of MAKE-ARRAY with dynamic-extent. (#902351)
* bug fix: some of the compile-time side-effects of DEFCLASS
were not caught by package locks.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.39 -r1.40 pkgsrc/lang/sbcl/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/lang/sbcl/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.22 -r1.23 pkgsrc/lang/sbcl/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |