[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/xapian
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: schmonz
Date: Tue Jan 10 01:03:29 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/textproc/xapian: Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk distinfo
Update to 1.2.8. From the changelog:
* Add support to TermGenerator and QueryParser for indexing and searching CJK
text using n-grams. Currently this is only enabled when the environmental
variable XAPIAN_CJK_NGRAM is set to a non-empty value.
+ Some fixes for warnings when cross-compiling to mingw.
* tests/soaktest/soaktest.cc: With Sun's compiler, random() and srandom()
aren't in <cstdlib> so we need to use <stdlib.h> instead.
* Document objects now track whether any document positions have been modified
so that replacing a modified document can completely skip considering
updating positions if none have changed. Currently the flint, chert, and
brass backends implement this optimisation. A common case this speeds up is
adding and/or removing boolean filter terms to/from existing documents - for
example this gives an 18% speedup for adding tags in notmuch.
* Fix -Wshadow warnings from GCC 4.6.
* Fix warning from GCC 3.3.
+ Add new set_max_wildcard_expansion() method to allow limiting the number of
terms a wildcard can expand to. (ticket#350)
+ If default_op is OP_NEAR or OP_PHRASE then disable stemming of the terms,
since we don't index positional information for stemmed terms by default.
* Spelling correction was failing to correctly handle words which had the same
trigram in an even number of times.
* Fix to build for mingw.
* Enquire::get_eset() now accepts a min_wt argument to allow the minimum wanted
weight to be specified. Default is 0, which gives the previous behaviour.
* QueryParser: Handle NEAR/<offset> and ADJ/<offset> where offset isn't an
integer the same way at the end of the query as in the middle.
+ Only keep $XAPIAN_MAX_CHANGESETS changeset files when generating a new one
(previously this variable only controlled if we generated changesets or
not). Closes ticket#278.
+ $XAPIAN_MAX_CHANGESETS is reread each time, rather than only when the
database is opened.
+ If you build Xapian with DANGEROUS mode enabled, changeset files now
actually have the appropriate flag set (the reader will currently throw an
exception, but that's better than quietly handling them incorrectly).
* api/compactor.cc: Add missing header <ctime> for time() (ticket#530).
* api/compactor.cc: Use msvc_posix_rename() under __WIN32__ to atomically
update stub file after compaction (ticket#525).
* Fix uninitialised variable warnings with gcc -O3.
* Eliminate std::string member of global static object used when compiled with
--enable-log which was causes problems on Mac OS X.
* Fix some issues highlighted by clang++ warnings.
+ Avoid a double free if Query construction throws an exception in a
particular case. Fixes ticket#515.
+ Allow phrase generators between a probabilistic prefix and the term itself
+ The correct window size wasn't being set in some cases when default_op was
set to OP_PHRASE.
+ Avoid pointlessly trying to allocate lots of memory if the first document
requested is larger than the size of the database.
+ An empty query now returns an MSet with firstitem set correctly -
previously firstitem was always 0 in this case.
* Document: Initialise docid to 0 when creating a document from
scratch, as documented.
+ Move the database compaction and merging functionality into this new class,
and make xapian-compact a simple wrapper around this class. (ticket#175)
+ Inputs can now be stub database directories or files, in which case the
databases in the stub are used as inputs.
+ Add support for compacting to a stub database, which can be one of the
inputs (for atomic update).
+ If spellings and/or synonyms were only present in some source databases,
they weren't copied to the output database, but now they are.
* configure: Add support for --enable-sse=sse and --enable-sse=sse2 to allow
control of which SSE instructions to use.
* configure: Enable use of SSE maths on x86 by default with Sun's compiler.
* configure: Beef up the test for whether -lm is required and add a special
case to force it to be for Sun's C++ compiler - there's some interaction with
libtool and/or shared objects which means that the previous configure test
didn't think -lm is needed here when it is.
* Fix to build on OpenBSD 4.5 with GCC 3.3.5.
* Need to avoid excess precision on m68k when targeting models 68010, 68020,
68030 as well as 68000.
* Fix compilation with Sun's C++ compiler.
* Fix testsuite to build on Solaris < 10.
* Database::get_spelling_suggestion() will now suggest a correction even if the
passed word is in the dictionary, provided the correction has at least the
same frequency. Partly addresses #225.
+ Fix handling of groups of terms which are all stopwords - in situations
where this causes a problem we now disable stopword checks for such groups.
+ Fix to be smarter about handling a boolean filter term containing ".." in
the presence of valuerangeprocessors.
* configure: Don't pass -mtune=generic unless GCC >= 4.2 is in use
* Fix handling of some obscure cases of resolving relative paths on Microsoft
* Optimise closing of all unwanted file descriptors after forking by using
closefrom() if available, and otherwise providing our own implementation
(optimised to some extent for many platforms).
* Fix test harness to build under Microsoft Windows (ticket#495).
* Revert 1.2.1 change to visibility of Xapian::Weight's copy constructor as
it making it private broke compilation with GCC 4.1 (which seems to be a
bug in this compiler version).
* tests/harness/testsuite.cc: Need <cstdio> for sprintf(). Fixes compilation
error which was masked if valgrind was installed. (ticket#489)
* Remove options (the "quartz" backend was unrelated to Darwin and
no longer exists).
* Unconditionally buildlink libuuid. If that's overzealous, improve
its builtin detection.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.13 -r1.14 pkgsrc/textproc/xapian/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/textproc/xapian/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/textproc/xapian/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/textproc/xapian/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |