[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/py-mechanize
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Sat Nov 26 09:18:26 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/www/py-mechanize: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update py-mechanize to 0.2.5.
(added test target)
2011-03-31 John J Lee <jjl%pobox.com@localhost>
* 0.2.5 release.
* This is essentially a no-changes release to fix easy_install
breakage caused by a SourceForge issue
* Sourceforge is returning invalid HTTP responses, make download
links point to PyPI instead
* Include cookietest.cgi in source distribution
* Note new IETF cookie standardisation effort
2010-10-28 John J Lee <jjl%pobox.com@localhost>
* 0.2.4 release.
* Fix IndexError on empty Content-type header value. (GH-18)
* Fall back to another encoding if an unknown one is declared.
Fixes traceback on unknoqn encoding in Content-type header.
2010-10-16 John J Lee <jjl%pobox.com@localhost>
* 0.2.3 release.
* Fix str(ParseError()) traceback. (GH-25)
* Add equality methods to mechanize.Cookie . (GH-29)
2010-07-17 John J Lee <jjl%pobox.com@localhost>
* 0.2.2 release.
* Officially support Python 2.7 (no changes were required)
* Fix TypeError on .open()ing ftp: URL (only affects Python 2.4
* Don't include HTTPSHandler in __all__ if it's not available
2010-05-16 John J Lee <jjl%pobox.com@localhost>
* 0.2.1 release.
* API change: Change argument order of
HTTPRedirectHandler.redirect_request() to match urllib2.
* Fix failure to use bundled BeautifulSoup for forms. (GH-15)
* Fix default cookie path where request path has query containing
/ character. (http://bugs.python.org/issue3704)
* Fix failure to raise on click for nonexistent label. (GH-16)
* Documentation fixes.
2010-04-22 John J Lee <jjl%pobox.com@localhost>
* 0.2.0 release.
* Behaviour change: merged upstream urllib2 change (allegedly a
"bug fix") to return a response for all 2** HTTP responses (e.g.
206 Partial Content). Previously, only 200 caused a response
object to be returned. All other HTTP response codes resulted
in a response object being raised as an exception.
* Behaviour change: Use of mechanize classes with `urllib2` (and
vice-versa) is no longer supported. However, existing classes
implementing the urllib2 Handler interface are likely to work
unchanged with mechanize. Removed RequestUpgradeProcessor,
* ClientForm has been merged into mechanize. This means that
mechanize has no dependencies other than Python itself. The
ClientForm API is still available -- to switch from ClientForm to
mechanize, just s/ClientForm/mechanize in your source code, and
ensure any use of the module logging logger named "ClientForm" is
updated to use the new logger name "mechanize.forms". I probably
won't do further standalone releases of ClientForm.
* Stop monkey-patching Python stdlib.
* Merge fixes from urllib2 trunk
* Close file objects on .read() failure in .retrieve()
* Fix a python 2.4 bug due to buggy urllib.splithost
* Fix Python 2.4 syntax error in _firefox3cookiejar
* Fix __init__.py typo that hid mechanize.seek_wrapped_response and
* Fix an obvious bug with experimental firefox 3 cookiejar support.
It's still experimental and not properly tested.
* Change documentation to not require a .port attribute on request
objects, since that's unused.
* Doc fixes
* Added mechanize.urljoin (RFC 3986 compliant function for joining
a base URI with a URI reference)
* Merge of ClientForm (see above).
* Moved to git (from SVN) http://github.com/jjlee/mechanize
* Created an issue tracker http://github.com/jjlee/mechanize/issues
* Docs are now in markdown format (thanks John Gabriele).
* Website rearranged. The old website has been archived at
http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/old/ . The new website is
essentially just the mechanize pages, rearranged and cleaned up a
* Source code rearranged for easier merging with upstream urllib2
* Fully automated release process.
* New test runner. Single test suite; tests create their own HTTP
server fixtures (server fixtures are cached where possible for
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/www/py-mechanize/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/www/py-mechanize/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |