[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/sysutils/capistrano
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: gls
Date: Wed Nov 9 21:34:38 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/sysutils/capistrano: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update sysutils/capistrano to 2.9.0
## 2.9.0 / September 24 2011
A vairly heavy release, including some new features which most of you won't
need, but power users have contributed, this also marks the beginning of the
end of the 2.x series, more information will follow in due course, but with
the proliferation of Bundler, and better ways to do deployment, we will be
introducing heavier changes to Capistrano to keep the tool current.
**Please note, following some reported problems with the asset pipeline code
being not found, remember Capistrano needs to be in your Gemfile, and as such
needs to be run with Bundler, otherwise you risk loading a system-wide version
of Capistrano who's behaviour might be different from that specified in your
Gemfile. This is also good practice because much of the deploy logic resides
in the Gem, and you wouldn't want that to change without your knowledge. Rails
applications include Cap in the Gemfile anyway, you should follow this
* find_servers() will no longer raise if there are no servers, this behaviour
can be modified by way of the `:on_no_matching_servers` option. Thanks to
* Short Git SHA1 fragments are now supported in commands such as `cap deploy
-s revision=d7e99f` thanks to `@ndbroadbent`.
* One can now specify individual SCM commands by setting
`:scm_arguments_<command_name>`. Thanks to `@alextk`.
* Travis CI build now passes thanks to @andrew, build tested against MRI
`1.8.7`. `1.9.2` and `REE`.
* Support for Perforce labels, I don't know much about this, but I believe
it's much like deploying a Git tag, thanks to `@ak47`.
* Git SCM now correctly adheres to the `:scm_verbose` setting. Thanks
* `set()` can now be used to set a `false` value, previously this was a no-op.
Thanks to `@nilbus`.
* Support for Git 1.6x submodules, The Git SCM strategy now queries Git on the
server-side to ensure it supports the `--recursive` flag, if it doesn't then
it will fall back to using the long-hand. Many thanks to all those involved in
the discussion surrounding this topic, and to `@nilbus` for a beautifully
clean solution which doesn't hold us back.
* When using `:cached_copy` with Subversion, use `svn switch` to for more
reliable switching of branches/etc. Thanks to `@iGEL` for the patch that we
accepted finally, and to `@richmeyers` who also submitted a patch and
contributed to the discssion.
Other cleanups and minor improvements to the code and tests were committed by
(@leehambley), @maxim, @ak47 and @andrew).
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.9 -r1.10 pkgsrc/sysutils/capistrano/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/sysutils/capistrano/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |