[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/p5-DBIx-Connector
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: hiramatsu
Date: Mon Oct 24 09:36:01 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/databases/p5-DBIx-Connector: Makefile distinfo
Update p5-DBIx-Connector to 0.47.
Changes from previous:
- Use of the deprecated `catch` functionality now warns on every call,
rather than just the first call from a given caller.
- Eliminated "Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated" warning in
test when running on Perl 5.14.
- Properly `local`ing `$$` in the `t/base.t` test so that it doesn't die
on Perl 5.15. Thanks to Andreas J. Koenig for the report and diagnosis
and to Nicholas Clark for the fix.
- Duplicate paragraphs removed from `README.md` thanks to Ask Bjørn
- The `catch` functionality is deprecated. It will warn once for each
caller to keep log verbosity down. In the next release, it will warn
for every call. The release after that, it will be removed altogether.
- Fixed crash when `in_txn()` was called before an actual connection
- Strongly recommend setting `AutoCommit` to true in the documentation.
Setting `AutoCommit` to false defeats the scoping behavior of `txn()`
and therefore should not be used.
- Nested exception handling now works properly in nested calls to
`run()` in fixup mode and in nested calls to `txn()` in all modes.
Thanks to Mark Lawrence for the report (RT #66974).
- Fixed bug with the MySQL driver introduced by the auto-reconnection
fix in 0.43. Sorry for the lame mistake. [Lee Aylward]
- DBIx::Connector now sets the DBI `RaiseError` parameter to true in
`new()` if neither it nor `HandleError` has been specified. This is to
increase the likelihood that exception handling will be properly
triggered in `run()`, `txn()`, and `svp()`. Documentation has also
been added to emphasize the importance of setting `RaiseError` or
- Documented that `AutoInactiveDestroy` is set to true in `new()` if it
is not specified. It's important tht this attribute be true in forking
- After connecting to the database, the MySQL driver,
DBIx::Connector::Driver::mysql, now always sets the
`mysql_auto_reconnect` attribute to false. This is to prevent MySQL's
auto-reconnection feature from interfering with DBIx::Connector's
auto-reconnection functionality in `fixup` mode. Thanks to Karen
Etheridge and Peter Rabbitson for the report.
- Removed mention of the use of the `catch` function from Try::Tiny,
since it is no longer compatible to use passing the exception-handling
function. Just using `catch =>` instead, which is cleaner-looking
anyway (RT #65196).
- If a catch block died, the exception was not being propagated. That
is, if a catch block threw an exception, DBIx::Connector ate it, and
any calling code would not be able to catch it. This was a pretty
serious bug; upgrading is strongly recommended for anyone using catch
- When `run()`, `txn()`, or `svp()` was called recursively from within a
second fixup execution, it was not respecting the fact that it was
recursive and could try to start a transaction again. This happened
*only* when a fixup run found that the database was disconnected and
successfully re-connected, so it's a pretty rare condition.
- `connect()` no longer returns a disconnected database handle. Thanks
to John Siracusa for the spot (Issue #6).
- Added `disconnect_on_destroy()`, which can be used to disable
disconnecting the database handle when the connector object is
destroyed. Suggested by John Siracusa.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/databases/p5-DBIx-Connector/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/databases/p5-DBIx-Connector/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |