[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/archivers/lzip
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: ryoon
Date: Fri Oct 21 21:26:47 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/archivers/lzip: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 1.12
* lzdiff and lzgrep are now separate package, zutils (not packaged yet).
2011-04-30 Antonio Diaz Diaz <ant_diaz%teleline.es@localhost>
* Version 1.12 released.
* main.cc: Added new option `-F, --recompress'.
* encoder.h (update_prices): Update high length symbol prices
independently of the value of `pos_state'. This gives better
compression for large values of `--match-length' without being
* encoder.h encoder.cc: Optimize pair price calculations. This
reduces compression time for large values of `--match-length'
by up to 6%.
* Compression time of option `-0' has been reduced by 2%.
* main.cc (decompress): Print only one status line for each
multimember file when only one `-v' is specified.
* main.cc (decompress): Print up to 6 bytes of trailing garbage
when `-vvvv' is specified.
* main.cc (open_instream): Do not show the message
" and `--stdout' was not specified" for directories, etc.
* lziprecover.cc: If `-v' is not specified show errors only.
* testsuite/unzcrash.cc: Use Arg_parser.
* testsuite/unzcrash.cc: Added new options `-b', `-p' and `-s'.
2010-09-16 Antonio Diaz Diaz <ant_diaz%teleline.es@localhost>
* Version 1.11 released.
* Added new option `-0' which produces a compression speed and
ratio comparable to those of `gzip -9'.
* fast_encoder.h fast_encoder.cc: New files.
* main.cc: Match length limit set by options -1 to -8 has been
reduced to extend range of use towards gzip. Lower numbers now
compress less but faster. (-1 now takes 43% less time for only
20% larger compressed size).
* encoder.cc: Compression of option -9 has been slightly increased.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--merge' which tries to
produce a correct file merging the good parts of two or more
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--repair' for repairing a
1-byte error in single-member files.
* decoder.cc (decode_member): Detect file errors earlier to
improve efficiency of lziprecover's new repair capability.
This change also prevents (harmless) access to uninitialized
memory when decompressing a corrupt file.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--force'.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--output'.
* lziprecover.cc: Added new option `--split' to select the until
now only operation of splitting multimember files.
* lziprecover.cc: If no operation is specified, warn the user
and do nothing.
* main.cc: Fixed warning about fchown's return value being ignored.
* decoder.cc: `-tvvvv' now also shows compression ratio.
* main.cc: Set stdin/stdout in binary mode on MSVC and OS2.
* New examples have been added to the manual.
* testsuite: `test1' renamed to `test.txt'. Added new tests.
* Matchfinder types HC4 (4 bytes hash-chain) and HT4 (4 bytes
hash-table) have been tested and found no better than the
2010-04-05 Antonio Diaz Diaz <ant_diaz%teleline.es@localhost>
* Version 1.10 released.
* decoder.h: Input_buffer integrated in Range_decoder.
* main.cc: File specified with option `-o' is now created with
mode 0666 if umask allows it, deleted if interrupted by user.
* main.cc: New constant `o_binary'.
* main.cc: Dictionary size for options -2, -3, -4 and -8 has
been changed to improve linearity of compressed sizes.
* lzip.h: Fixed warnings produced by over-optimization (-O3).
* Makefile.in: Added quotes to directory names.
2010-01-17 Antonio Diaz Diaz <ant_diaz%teleline.es@localhost>
* Version 1.9 released.
* main.cc (main): Return at least 1 if closing stdout fails.
* Makefile.in: Added `--name' option to help2man invocation.
* testsuite/check.sh: Use `test1' instead of `COPYING' for testing.
2009-09-02 Antonio Diaz Diaz <ant_diaz%teleline.es@localhost>
* Version 1.8 released.
* Compression time has been reduced by 4%.
* Lzdiff and lzgrep have been moved to the new package zutils.
* Fixed warnings on sistems where uint32_t != unsigned int.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/archivers/lzip/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r22.214.171.124 -r1.2 pkgsrc/archivers/lzip/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |