[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/db4
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 07:37:10PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:59:30PM +0400, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> > "Matthias Scheler" <tron%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
> > > Module Name: pkgsrc
> > > Committed By: tron
> > > Date: Tue Aug 30 17:35:42 UTC 2011
> > >
> > > Modified Files:
> > > pkgsrc/databases/db4: Makefile
> > >
> > > Log Message:
> > > Set license to "modified-bsd".
> > Are you sure?
> Yes, reasonably sure. The included file "LICENSE" contains four
> 3-clause BSD licenses. Please have a look yourself.
The first license in the LICENSE file is the Oracle license, and
includes, as clause 3, a stipulation about the provision of source
* 3. Redistributions in any form must be accompanied by information on
* how to obtain complete source code for the DB software and any
* accompanying software that uses the DB software. The source code
* must either be included in the distribution or be available for no
* more than the cost of distribution plus a nominal fee, and must be
* freely redistributable under reasonable conditions. For an
* executable file, complete source code means the source code for all
* modules it contains. It does not include source code for modules or
* files that typically accompany the major components of the operating
* system on which the executable file runs.
As such, it is more restrictive than the "modified-bsd" license, and
should be marked as such.
Main Index |
Thread Index |