[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/ruby-chunky_png
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: taca
Date: Sun Jun 19 07:28:08 UTC 2011
Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/graphics/ruby-chunky_png
In directory ivanova.netbsd.org:/tmp/cvs-serv24026
Importing ruby-chunky_png version 1.2.0. It is required by newer version
= Chunky PNG
This library can read and write PNG files. It is written in pure Ruby for
maximum portability. Let me rephrase: it does NOT require RMagick or any other
memory leaking image library.
* Decodes any image that the PNG standard allows. This includes all standard
color modes, all bit depths and all transparency, interlacing and
* Encodes images supports all color modes (true color, grayscale and indexed)
and transparency for all these color modes. The best color mode will be
chosen automatically, based on the amount of used colors.
* R/W access to the image's pixels.
* R/W access to all image metadata that is stored in chunks.
* Memory efficient (uses a Fixnum, i.e. 4 or 8 bytes of memory per pixel,
depending on the hardware)
* Reasonably fast for Ruby standards, by only using integer math and a highly
optimized saving routine.
* Interoperability with RMagick if you really have to.
Also, have a look at OilyPNG at http://github.com/wvanbergen/oily_png.
OilyPNG is a mixin module that implements some of the ChunkyPNG algorithms
in C, which provides a massive speed boost to encoding and decoding.
Vendor Tag: TNF
Release Tags: pkgsrc-base
No conflicts created by this import
Main Index |
Thread Index |