[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Tue Apr 26 10:57:20 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base: Makefile PLIST distinfo
* Various MinGW portability fixes.
* Various git-p4 enhancements (in contrib).
* Various vcs-svn, git-svn and gitk enhancements and fixes.
* Various git-gui updates (0.14.0).
* Update to more modern HP-UX port.
* The codebase is getting prepared for i18n/l10n; no translated
strings nor translation mechanism in the code yet, but the strings
are being marked for l10n.
* The bash completion script can now complete symmetric difference
for "git diff" command, e.g. "git diff ...bra<TAB>".
* The default minimum length of abbreviated and unique object names
can now be configured by setting the core.abbrev configuration
* "git apply -v" reports offset lines when the patch does not apply at
the exact location recorded in the diff output.
* "git config" used to be also known as "git repo-config", but the old
name is now officially deprecated.
* "git checkout --detach <commit>" is a more user friendly synonym for
"git checkout <commit>^0".
* "git checkout" performed on detached HEAD gives a warning and
advice when the commit being left behind will become unreachable from
any branch or tag.
* "git cherry-pick" and "git revert" can be told to use a custom merge
strategy, similar to "git rebase".
* "git cherry-pick" remembers which commit failed to apply when it is
stopped by conflicts, making it unnecessary to use "commit -c $commit"
to conclude it.
* "git cvsimport" bails out immediately when the cvs server cannot be
reached, without spewing unnecessary error messages that complain about
the server response it never got.
* "git fetch" vs "git upload-pack" transfer learned 'no-done'
protocol extension to save one round-trip after the content
negotiation is done. This saves one HTTP RPC, reducing the overall
latency for a trivial fetch.
* "git fetch" can be told to recursively fetch submodules on-demand.
* "git grep -f <filename>" learned to treat "-" as "read from the
standard input stream".
* "git grep --no-index" did not honor pathspecs correctly, returning
paths outside the specified area.
* "git init" learned the --separate-git-dir option to allow the git
directory for a new repository created elsewhere and linked via the
gitdir mechanism. This is primarily to help submodule support later
to switch between a branch of superproject that has the submodule
and another that does not.
* "git log" type commands now understand globbing pathspecs. You
can say "git log -- '*.txt'" for example.
* "git log" family of commands learned --cherry and --cherry-mark
options that can be used to view two diverged branches while omitting
or highlighting equivalent changes that appear on both sides of a
symmetric difference (e.g. "log --cherry A...B").
* A lazy "git merge" that didn't say what to merge used to be an error.
When run on a branch that has an upstream defined, however, the command
now merges from the configured upstream.
* "git mergetool" learned how to drive "beyond compare 3" as well.
* "git rerere forget" without pathspec used to forget all the saved
conflicts that relate to the current merge; it now requires you to
give it pathspecs.
* "git rev-list --objects $revs -- $pathspec" now limits the objects listed
in its output properly with the pathspec, in preparation for narrow
* "git push" with no parameters gives better advice messages when
"tracking" is used as the push.default semantics or there is no remote
* A possible value to the "push.default" configuration variable,
'tracking', gained a synonym that more naturally describes what it
* "git rerere" learned a new subcommand "remaining" that is similar to
"status" and lists the paths that had conflicts which are known to
rerere, but excludes the paths that have already been marked as
resolved in the index from its output. "git mergetool" has been
updated to use this facility.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.21 -r1.22 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit/Makefile.version
cvs rdiff -u -r1.32 -r1.33 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.22 -r1.23 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.34 -r1.35 pkgsrc/devel/scmgit-base/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |