[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/patches
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Tue Apr 12 17:42:57 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/patches: patch-ac patch-af patch-ap patch-aq
* msggrep: A '$' anchor in a regular expression now also matches the end of
the string, even if it does not end in a newline.
The libraries and programs are now linked with libunistring if this library
is already installed.
* Installation options:
The configure option --with-cvs is deprecated. The 'autopoint' program will
now use the 'git' program by default to compress its archive. If the
configure option --without-git is specified, 'autopoint' will not rely on
'git', but will instead rely on a locally installed a 3 MB large archive.
* Runtime behaviour:
- On MacOS X and Windows systems, <libintl.h> now extends setlocale() and
newlocale() so that their determination of the default locale considers
the choice the user has made in the system control panels.
- On MacOS X systems, the gettext()/dgettext()/... functions now respect the
locale of the current thread, if a thread-specific locale has been set.
* PO file format:
There is a new field 'Language' in the header entry. It denotes the language
code (plus optional country code) for the PO file. This field can be used
by automated tools, such as spell checkers. It is expected to be more
reliable than looking at the file name or at the 'Language-Team' field in
the header entry.
msgmerge, msgcat, msgen have a new option --lang that allows to specify
this field. Additionally, msgmerge fills in this new field by looking at
the 'Language-Team' field (if the --lang option is not given).
* xgettext and PO file format:
For messages with plural forms, programmers can inform the translators
about the range of possible values of the numeric argument, like this:
/* xgettext: range: 0..15 */
This information 'range: 0..15' is stored in the PO file as a flag attached
to the message. Translators can produce better translations when they know
that the numeric argument is small.
* Colorized PO files:
msgattrib, msgcomm, msgconv, msgen, msgfilter, msggrep, msginit, msgmerge,
msgunfmt, msguniq, xgettext now have options --color and --style, like msgcat
has since version 0.17.
* msgmerge is up to 10 times faster when the PO and POT files are large.
This speedup was contributed by Ralf Wildenhues.
* msgcmp has a new option -N/--no-fuzzy-matching, like msgmerge has since
* msgfilter now sets environment variables during the invocation of the
filter, indicating the msgid and location of the messge being processed.
* xgettext now can extract plural forms from Qt 4 programs. The recommended
xgettext command-line options for this case are:
--qt --keyword=tr:1,1t --keyword=tr:1,2c,2t --keyword=tr:1,1,2c,3t
* xgettext --language=GCC-source now recognizes also the format strings
used in the Fortran front-end of the GCC compiler, and marks them as
* autopoint can now be used to update several PO directories all together.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/patches/patch-ac \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/devel/gettext-tools/patches/patch-aq \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |