[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/gallery2
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jym
Date: Tue Jan 11 12:35:45 UTC 2011
pkgsrc/www/gallery2: MESSAGE Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update gallery2 to 2.3.1.
ok by pettai@.
1. New version of the slideshow module now uses PicLens to provide a
rich, full screen slideshow.
2. Comment module now offers moderation and Akismet support to help weed out
3. New email notification module allowing users to configure events they
wish to get notified for. You can watch albums for changes, items for new
4. New Jpegtran module to support rotation and cropping of jpeg images with
no loss in image quality.
5. New SnapGalaxy module for prints from snapgalaxy.com.
6. Registration module can now send a welcome email to new users upon
7. EXIF block now uses AJAX to switch between summary and detail display.
8. External image block now has a "rawImage" mode to return a single binary
image instead of HTML output.
9. Support in RSS module for Media RSS format and random RSS streams.
10. Remote module now bundles the Gallery Remote client and makes it
available via Java Web Start. Users with a Java enabled browser can then launch
Gallery Remote with a single click instead of manually downloading and
11. Hybrid theme now uses automatic navigation between pages in its image
viewer and slideshow. This means the slideshow will show all images in the
album, moving between album pages as needed. Requesting the next/previous image
in the image viewer will also load a new album page as needed.
12. Webcam module now accepts file:// URLs to retrieve image from local
13. Dcraw module now supports Adobe Digital Negative (dng) files, when used
with dcraw v7.0 or newer.
14. Added support for Windows Vista in PublishXP module.
15. New database backup feature. Backup at start of upgrade, or anytime from
Site Admin / Maintenance. Restore a backup from lib/support interface.
16. Can now put Gallery into maintenance mode from Site Admin / Maintenance.
Setting in config.php file is still available too.
17. New event logging system records Gallery errors, viewable in the Site
18. Themes can now override module template files, allowing a themed look to
more aspects of the application.
19. New Language Manager that allows the addition or removal of translations.
20. User interface changes.
* Use AJAX to speed up deleting comments(spam) on items/albums.
* Use quick DHTML confirm dialog for deleting single items. Dialog
offers link to bulk delete several items from an album.
* Use YUI ItemTree instead of plain select box to select target album
when moving items, creating replicas or link items.
21. Performance and stability improvements.
* Smarty templates now permanently cached by default. Turn this off
in Site Admin / Performance when working on tpl files, so changes take effect
immediately during development.
* Avoid reading EXIF data multiple times in Carbon theme.
* Some added caching in GalleryUrlGenerator.
* Use progress bar when adding items to avoid server or browser
timeouts. Particularly helpful when adding many items from local server.
* Restructuring to greatly reduce the number of directories for
* Refactor of translator hints to avoid some processing when
translations are not used (en_US).
* Faster plugin and language package downloads.
* Refactor of event system working towards a performance improvement
in the next release.
22. New database options.
* Support for SQLite 3.x
* Support for PostgreSQL schemas
23. New install package options.
* English only variants of installation downloads. The minimal is
English only. In addition, Typical and Full are available in English language
* Greatly reduced the number of directories for language files.
24. Upgraded to newer versions of several bundled software packages: YUI!
2.3.1, ADOdb 4.98, Smarty 2.6.20, GetID3 1.7.7, BBCode 0.3.3.
25. Updates to improve compatibility with PHP 5.3.
26. Many bugs fixed.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 pkgsrc/www/gallery2/MESSAGE \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/www/gallery2/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r22.214.171.124 -r0 pkgsrc/www/gallery2/patches/patch-aa
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |