[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/archivers/xz
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Wed Nov 3 14:21:50 UTC 2010
pkgsrc/archivers/xz: Makefile PLIST buildlink3.mk distinfo
pkgsrc/archivers/xz/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
* The memory usage limit is now disabled by default.
* Added support for XZ_DEFAULTS environment variable.
* The compression settings associated with the preset levels
-0 ... -9 have been changed. --extreme was changed a little too.
* If a preset level (-0 ... -9) is specified after a custom filter
chain options have been used (e.g. --lzma2), the custom filter
chain will be forgotten. Earlier the preset options were
completely ignored after custom filter chain options had been seen.
* xz will create sparse files when decompressing if the uncompressed
data contains long sequences of binary zeros.
* Support for "xz --list" was added. Combine with --verbose or
--verbose --verbose (-vv) for detailed output.
* I had hoped that liblzma API would have been stable after
4.999.9beta, but there have been a couple of changes in the
advanced features, which don't affect most applications:
- Index handling code was revised. If you were using the old
API, you will get a compiler error (so it's easy to notice).
- A subtle but important change was made to the Block handling
API. lzma_block.version has to be initialized even for
lzma_block_header_decode(). Code that doesn't do it will work
for now, but might break in the future, which makes this API
change easy to miss.
* The major soname has been bumped to 5.0.0. liblzma API and ABI
are now stable, so the need to recompile programs linking against
liblzma shouldn't arise soon.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/archivers/xz/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/archivers/xz/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r1.2 pkgsrc/archivers/xz/buildlink3.mk
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/archivers/xz/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/archivers/xz/patches/patch-aa \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |