[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/py-zconfig
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Sat Jan 23 11:19:03 UTC 2010
pkgsrc/devel/py-zconfig: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update py-zconfig to 2.6.1.
Based on PR#42563 by Derouiche.
Change History for ZConfig
ZConfig 2.6.1 (2008/12/05)
- Fixed support for schema descriptions that override descriptions from a base
schema. If multiple base schema provide descriptions but the derived schema
does not, the first base mentioned that provides a description wins.
- Fixed compatibility bug with Python 2.5.0.
- No longer trigger deprecation warnings under Python 2.6.
ZConfig 2.6.0 (2008/09/03)
- Added support for file rotation by time by specifying when and
interval, rather than max-size, for log files.
- Removed dependency on setuptools from the setup.py.
ZConfig 2.5.1 (2007/12/24)
- Made it possible to run unit tests via 'python setup.py test' (requires
setuptools on sys.path).
- Added better error messages to test failure assertions.
ZConfig 2.5 (31 Aug 2007)
*A note on the version number:*
Information discovered in the revision control system suggests that
some past revision has been called "2.4", though it is not clear that
any actual release was made with that version number. We're going to
skip revision 2.4 entirely to avoid potential issues with anyone using
something claiming to be ZConfig 2.4, and go straight to version 2.5.
- Add support for importing schema components from ZIP archives (including
- Added a 'formatter' configuration option in the logging handler sections
to allow specifying a constructor for the formatter.
- Documented the package: URL scheme that can be used in extending schema.
- Added support for reopening all log files opened via configurations using
the ZConfig.components.logger package. For Zope, this is usable via the
``zc.signalhandler`` package. ``zc.signalhandler`` is not required for
- Added support for rotating log files internally by size.
- Added a minimal implementation of schema-less parsing; this is mostly
intended for applications that want to read several fragments of ZConfig
configuration files and assemble a combined configuration. Used in some
- Converted to using ``zc.buildout`` and the standard test runner from
- Added more tests.
ZConfig 2.3.1 (21 Aug 2005)
- Isolated some of the case-normalization code so it will at least be
easier to override. This remains non-trivial.
ZConfig 2.3 (18 May 2005)
- Added "inet-binding-address" and "inet-connection-address" to the
set of standard datatypes. These are similar to the "inet-address"
type, but the default hostname is more sensible. The datatype used
should reflect how the value will be used.
- Alternate rotating logfile handler for Windows, to avoid platform
limitations on renaming open files. Contributed by Sidnei da Silva.
- For <section> and <multisection>, if the name attribute is omitted,
assume name="*", since this is what is used most often.
ZConfig 2.2 (21 Apr 2004)
- More documentation has been written.
- Added a timedelta datatype function; the input is the same as for
the time-interval datatype, but the resulting value is a
- Make sure keys specified as attributes of the <default> element are
converted by the appropriate key type, and are re-checked for
- Refactored the ZConfig.components.logger schema components so that a
schema can import just one of the "eventlog" or "logger" sections if
desired. This can be helpful to avoid naming conflicts.
- Added a reopen() method to the logger factories.
- Always use an absolute pathname when opening a FileHandler.
- A fix to the logger 'format' key to allow the %(process)d expansion variable
that the logging package supports.
- A new timedelta built-in datatype was added. Similar to time-interval
except that it returns a datetime.timedelta object instead.
ZConfig 2.1 (12 Apr 2004)
- Removed compatibility with Python 2.1 and 2.2.
- Schema components must really be in Python packages; the directory
search has been modified to perform an import to locate the package
rather than incorrectly implementing the search algorithm.
- The default objects use for section values now provide a method
getSectionAttributes(); this returns a list of all the attributes of
the section object which store configuration-defined data (including
information derived from the schema).
- Default information can now be included in a schema for <key
name="+"> and <multikey name="+"> by using <default key="...">.
- More documentation has been added to discuss schema extension.
- Support for a Unicode-free Python has been fixed.
- Derived section types now inherit the datatype of the base type if
no datatype is identified explicitly.
- Derived section types can now override the keytype instead of always
inheriting from their base type.
- <import package='...'/> makes use of the current prefix if the
package name begins witha dot.
- Added two standard datatypes: dotted-name and dotted-suffix.
- Added two standard schema components: ZConfig.components.basic and
ZConfig 2.0 (27 Oct 2003)
- Configurations can import additional schema components using a new
"%import" directive; this can be used to integrate 3rd-party
components into an application.
- Schemas may be extended using a new "extends" attribute on the
- Better error messages when elements in a schema definition are
- The "zconfig" script can now simply verify that a schema definition
is valid, if that's all that's needed.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/devel/py-zconfig/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/devel/py-zconfig/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/py-zconfig/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |