[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/gsed
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Aug 8 21:26:49 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/textproc/gsed: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/patches: patch-aa patch-ad patch-ae patch-regcomp
Update to 4.2:
* now released under GPLv3
* added a new extension `z` to clear pattern space even in the presence
of invalid multibyte sequences
* a preexisting GNU gettext installation is needed in order to compile
GNU sed with NLS support
* new option --follow-symlinks, available when editing a file in-place.
This option may not be available on some systems (in this case, the
option will *not* be a no-op; it will be completely unavailable).
In the future, the option may be added as a no-op on systems without
symbolic links at all, since in this case a no-op is effectively
indistinguishable from a correct implementation.
* hold-space is reset between different files in -i and -s modes.
* multibyte processing fixed
* the following GNU extensions are turned off by --posix: options [iImMsSxX]
in the `s' command, address kinds `FIRST~STEP' and `ADDR1,+N' and `ADDR1,~N',
line address 0, `e' or `z' commands, text between an `a' or `c' or `i'
command and the following backslash, arguments to the `l' command.
--posix disables all extensions to regular expressions.
* fixed bug in 'i\' giving a segmentation violation if given alone.
* much improved portability
* much faster in UTF-8 locales
* will correctly replace ACLs when using -i
* will now accept NUL bytes for `.'
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.34 -r1.35 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.11 -r1.12 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.15 -r1.16 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/patches/patch-aa \
cvs rdiff -u -r1.5 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/patches/patch-ad
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/patches/patch-regcomp
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/gsed/patches/patch-regexec
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |