[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/postgresql84-plpython
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: adam
Date: Wed Jul 29 06:30:30 UTC 2009
Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/databases/postgresql84-plpython
In directory ivanova.netbsd.org:/tmp/cvs-serv24757
Many of the changes in PostgreSQL 8.4 are new or improved administration and
monitoring tools and commands. Each user has their own favorite features which
will make day-to-day work with PostgreSQL easier and more productive for them.
Among the most popular enhancements are:
* Parallel Database Restore, speeding up recovery from backup up to 8 times
* Per-Column Permissions, allowing more granular control of sensitive data
* Per-database Collation Support, making PostgreSQL more useful in
* In-place Upgrades through pg_migrator (beta), enabling upgrades from 8.3 to
8.4 without extensive downtime
* New Query Monitoring Tools, giving administrators more insight into query
* Greatly Reduced VACUUM Overhead through the Visibility Map
* New Monitoring Tools for current queries, query load and deadlocks
Version 8.4 also makes data analysis easier through the advanced ANSI SQL2003
features of windowing functions, common table expressions and recursive queries.
Enhancements to stored procedures, such as default parameters and variadic
parameters, make database server programming simpler and more compact.
Of course, there are also performance improvements included in this version.
Vendor Tag: TNF
Release Tags: pkgsrc-base
No conflicts created by this import
Main Index |
Thread Index |