[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/ruby-libxml
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Fri May 15 09:31:03 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/textproc/ruby-libxml: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update libxml-ruby to 1.1.3.
== 1.1.3 / 2009-03-18 Charlie Savage
* Improve performance 10 to 20% by turning on libxml2's dictionary
feature that allows parsers to reuse previously parsed strings.
* Fix XML::Node#remove! to work correctly with libxml's dictionary feature.
* Correctly set up parser context options.
* Simplify DOM modification code (Node#next=, Node#prev=, Node#sibling=) and
* Deprecated Node#add_child and Node#child=, use Node#<< instead
* Fix documentation for Node#<<
* Added Document#import to enable moving nodes from one document
to another document.
== 1.1.2 / 2009-03-12 Charlie Savage
* Added XML::Node#inner_xml helper method.
* Fix segmentation that could occur when calling the mark function on a
previously freed node.
== 1.1.1 / 2009-03-10 Charlie Savage
* Fix - Only include extra html parser context methods for versions of libxml
older than 2.6.27.
== 1.1.0 / 2009-03-09 Charlie Savage
* Fix bug caused by the mark function being called on partially initialized
* Revert back to libxml2's internal memory manager.
== 1.0.0 / 2009-03-05 Charlie Savage
* OS X (Charlie Savage). Update bindings to support the default installed
version of libxml2 (2.6.16) on OS X 10.5 and the latest version available
== 0.9.9 / 2009-03-05 Charlie Savage
* Ruby 1.9.1 support (Charlie Savage). libxml-ruby now compiles and runs on eith
1.8.6 and 1.9.1. With 1.8.6 all tests should pass while on 1.9.1 all but
for encoding tests pass. The port to Ruby 1.9.1 revealed two memory
allocation bugs (one with dtds, one with nodes) which are now fixed.
* Better OS X support (Joe Khoobyar). The default version of libxml2
on OS X 10.5 is fairly old, resulting in this link error:
dyld: Symbol not found: _htmlNewParserCtxt
This can be fixed by using MacPorts to get a newer version of libxml2.
To make use of MacPorts, the build script has been updated to use xml2-config.
This can be fine-tuned using the new --with-xml2-config / --without-xml2-confi
options to extconf.rb (default is --without-xml2-config to match existing beh
* Greatly reduced memory usage (Joe Khoobyar).
* Add Document#xhtml? and document#node_type methods (Joe Khoobyar)
* Add XPath::Object#last (Joe Khoobyar)
* Provide finer control over CDATA nodes on a parser by parser basis (Joe Khoob
* Bug fix - Namespaces were incorrectly merged with attributes in the new sax2
handler (Charlie Savage).
* Bug fix - Support iterating over nodes and attributes even with blocks
that call remove! (Charlie Savage)
* Bug fix - If reader.node is NULL, return nil instead of crashing (Charlie Sava
* Bug fix - Dtd's owned by documents were freed twice in some circumstances (Joe
* Bug fix - Fix output escaping on attributes nodes (Joe Khoobyar).
* Bug fix - Make sure IO objects are not garbage collected when used
as parser sources (Charlie Savage).
== 0.9.8 / 2009-1-24 Charlie Savage
* Refactored XML::Parser, XML::HTMLParser, XML::SaxParser and
XML::Reader to have consistent APIs. All the parsers
now take a context object in their constructors, allowing fine
grained control over the parsers for advanced use cases. These
API changes are backwards compatible except
for XML::Reader, which now takes an optional hash table as a
second parameter in its various constructors versus an optional
* Updated all APIs to use the encoding constants defined
in XML::Encoding versus string values. This API change
is not backwards compatible.
* Added support for attribute declarations in DTD's via the new
XML::AttrDecl class (Len Lattanzi)
* Support libxml's content escaping capabilities for text nodes by
wrapping libxml's "xmlStringText" and "xmlStringTextNoenc"
* Updated XML::Reader#read API to return true if a node was read,
false if node was not read and raises an exception on an error.
Previously #read returned 1 if a node was read, 0 if a node was
not read and -1 for an error. This change is not backwards
compatible, but provides a more natural interface for Ruby by
allowing code like this:
# do stuff
* Changed XML::Error exception objects to return copies of nodes that
cause parse errors instead of the original node. This prevents
segmentation faults when the error is reraised.
* Added XML::Reader#node method.
* Fixed compile errors on OS X which uses an older version of libxml.
* Fixed memory leak when performing XPath searches.
* Fixed rdocs.
* Don't override libxml's default settings for entity substitution and
loading external DTDs. This may break some code - you may need to
add in a call to XML.default_substitute_entities = true or
XML.default_load_external_dtd = true.
== 0.9.7 / 2008-12-08 Charlie Savage
* Added SAX2 support. SAX handlers now define two new callbacks,
on_start_element_ns and on_end_element_ns methods. These
new callbacks support namespaces, making them superior to the older
callbacks on_start_element and on_end_element methods. The old callbacks
are still supported, but may be deprecated in the future depending
on community feedback.
* Added SAX support for libxml's structured error handling.
That menas sax handlers now define a new callback, on_error,
which takes one parameter, an instance of XML::Error. The older
on_parser_error, on_parser_warning and on_parser_fatal_error
callbacks are no longer suported so you must port your code.
Note that the older callbacks took one string parameter, instead of
an XML::Error object.
* Experimental work-around for libxml error handling bug - see
for more information.
* Fix compilation bugs on Solaris.
* Fix Rdoc compilation bug.
== 0.9.6 / 2008-12-08 Charlie Savage
* Refactored namespace handling. The existing, and inconsistent,
namespace methods defined on XML::Node have been deprecated.
They have been replaced by a the new XML::Namespaces class.
Use this class to inspect a node's namespace, its default
namespace, its namespace definitions and which namespaces
are in scope. It can be accessed via the the
* Rationalized XML::Document#save, XML::Document#to_s and
XML::Node#to_s to take an optional hash table of parameters
that control how output is generated. Supported parameters
include setting indentation on or off, the indentation level
and the output encoding. This is an API change and may break
existing calls to XML::Document#save. However, the previous
API was broken - setting the encoding resulted in an error so
its unlikely anyone is using it.
* Rationalized XML::Document#debug, XML::Node#debug, XML::XPath::XPathObject#Deb
* Deprecated a number of duplicate dump* and debug_* methods in
XML::Document and XML::Node.
* Additional Ruby 1.9.1 compatability fixes.
* Cleaned up header file guards.
== 0.9.5 / 2008-11-29 Charlie Savage
* Ruby 1.9.1 preview release compatability (Felipe Contreras)
* Update Node#remove! to return the removed node and to set
its document to nil. This allows the node to be either
moved to another document, another part of the same document
or to be freed on the next garbage collection once its
references have gone out of scope.
* Fix bug where XPathExpression#compile mistakenly overwrote
* Update Node to use standard ruby allocators and initializers.
* Update HTML parser to be more forgiving of invalid documents.
* Update include paths for Darwin Ports on OS X.
* Updated C code base to use BSD/Allman style
== 0.9.4 / 2008-11-24 Charlie Savage
* Update HTML parser so that it can read files, strings and io
* Update HTML parser to support user specified encodings.
* Additional C code cleanup.
== 0.9.3 / 2008-11-22 Charlie Savage
* Fixed segmentation fault caused by documents being freed
before xpath results that referenced the document (take 2).
* Allowed sax parser to use io stream
* Combined encoding and input classes
* Cleaned up C code - removed remaining legacy structures,
added static to most methods, changed C namespace from ruby_xml
== 0.9.2 / 2008-11-19 Charlie Savage
* Add support for compiled XPath expressions (donated by Pavel Valodzka)
* Fixes for compiling on OS X 10.5.4 and 10.5.5
== 0.9.1 / 2008-11-18 Charlie Savage
* Expose LibXML's encoding support via a new Encoding object.
* Revamp error handling to be much easier to use. Errors are now
wrapped by the new XML::Error class and are thrown as exceptions
when it is appropriate.
* Fixed segmentation fault caused by documents being freed
before xpath results that referenced the document.
* Add Node#register_default_namespace to simplify default namespace handling.
* Significantly improve documentation
* A number of bug fixes and patches.
== 0.9.0 / 2008-11-18 Charlie Savage
* Version 0.9.0 was removed due to packaging errors.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/textproc/ruby-libxml/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/textproc/ruby-libxml/PLIST \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |