[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/libsoup24
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jmcneill
Date: Mon Mar 16 12:49:02 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/net/libsoup24: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pkgsrc/net/libsoup24/patches: patch-ba patch-bb
Update libsoup24 to 2.25.91.
Changes in libsoup from 2.25.4 to 2.25.5:
* Fixed a crash in SoupProxyResolverGNOME when the proxy
requires authentication. (This does not make proxy
authentication *work* yet, it just makes it not crash.)
* Updated documentation
Changes in libsoup from 2.25.4 to 2.25.5:
* SoupProxyResolverGConf (which was incomplete) is gone, and
libsoup-gnome now requires libproxy, which is now officially
an external dependency of GNOME.
* Fixed a bug in SoupCookieJar that was making it send
"Cookie: (null)" when it had no cookies for a site, which
confused some web servers (WebKit bug 23240).
* Fixed a bug with using SOUP_MEMORY_TEMPORARY buffers and
soup_message_body_set_accumulate(FALSE). (Part of WebKit bug
18343, noticed by Gustavo Noronha Silva.)
* Fixed the build with non-gcc compilers
Changes in libsoup from 2.25.3 to 2.25.4:
* Added soup_session_get_feature() and
soup_session_get_features(), to query the features currently
available in a session (which is needed by the patch in
Changes in libsoup from 2.25.2 to 2.25.3:
* Fixed a crash when using both cookies and a proxy. [#562191,
* Fixed soup_form_decode() to correctly handle forms with
URI-encoded parameter names [#563302, Evan Nemerson] and
added a regression test.
* Fixed a crash in SoupProxyResolverGConf. [#563145]
Changes in libsoup from 2.25.1 to 2.25.2:
* Fixed client behavior when presented with multiple auth
types to choose the *strongest* auth type (eg, Digest)
rather than the *weakest* one [#562339, Pontus Oldberg].
Added a regression test for this.
* Moved libsoup-gnome headers to a different directory to make
it easier to split libsoup and libsoup-gnome into separate
packages, and to ensure that things that only want to be
looking at plain libsoup headers (like gir-repository) don't
accidentally see the libsoup-gnome ones.
* Some minor doc fixes
* Fixed libsoup-gnome linking with --as-needed. [#559342]
Changes in libsoup from 2.24.1 to 2.25.1:
libsoup 2.25.1 introduces a new library, libsoup-gnome, which
will be used for features which are important to GNOME apps,
but which require GNOME-specific libraries that non-GNOME apps
may not want to add dependencies on.
In 2.25.1, libsoup-gnome contains:
* SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER_GNOME, a SoupSessionFeature
type that can be added to a SoupSession to provide
automatic proxy handling via the GConf proxy keys. (See
below) The default implementation uses libproxy, which
also handles WPAD, PAC, etc, but if libproxy is not
available it will use GConf directly, supporting only
the basic HTTP proxy functionality.
* SoupCookieJarSqlite, a SoupSessionFeature that handles
cookies and stores them in a Firefox 3-compatible sqlite
file. (This is not actually a "GNOME-specific" feature,
but I didn't want to make libsoup itself depend on
sqlite, and I didn't want to make the dependency
optional. This might change before 2.26.)
* SOUP_TYPE_GNOME_FEATURES_2_26: a SoupSessionFeature type
that can be added to a SoupSession to add all
GNOME-integration features that are available for 2.26;
as of 2.25.1, this is just the GNOME proxy resolver, but
by 2.26.0 it may also include gnome-keyring support and
possibly other features.
Applications/libraries that are currently doing GConf proxy
lookup by hand can be updated as follows:
* Remove all of the existing code that listens to the
GConf keys and sets SOUP_SESSION_PROXY_URI
* Change the configure check to require
"libsoup-gnome-2.4 >= 2.25.1" instead of "libsoup-2.4"
* #include <libsoup/soup-gnome.h>
* After creating your SoupSession, do:
(Or alternatively, use SOUP_SESSION_ADD_FEATURE_BY_TYPE
with soup_session_async_new_with_options() or
Other new features and bug fixes in 2.25.1 include:
* SoupCookieJarText, like SoupCookieJarSqlite, but using the
old-style cookies.txt format, and in the base libsoup rather
* Various bugfixes to SoupCookie and SoupCookieJar to fix the
problems with cookies not working on certain sites.
* The new SoupMultipart type provides support for multipart
MIME bodies, and soup-form now includes several methods for
generating and parsing multipart form data and file uploads.
* SoupMessageHeaders now has methods for easy handling of the
Content-Type, Content-Disposition, Range, and Content-Range
headers. The Content-Disposition handling recognizes
RFC2231-encoded UTF-8 filenames.
* SoupServer now automatically handles partial GET requests;
if your server returns SOUP_STATUS_OK in response to a
partial GET, libsoup will automatically convert it to a
SOUP_STATUS_PARTIAL_CONTENT response with only the requested
Thanks to Xan Lopez and Diego Escalante Urrelo for their work
on SoupCookie, SoupCookieJar, SoupCookieJarText, and
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/net/libsoup24/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/net/libsoup24/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/net/libsoup24/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/net/libsoup24/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/net/libsoup24/patches/patch-ba \
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |