[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: sno
Date: Tue Mar 10 17:59:46 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic: Makefile distinfo
- Updating module to 1.098
- Allow to select recommended dependencies using options framework
[1.098] Released on 2009-03-07
Some Exciting News:
The Perl Development Kit (PDK 8.0) from ActiveState now includes a
very slick graphical interface to Perl-Critic. I highly recommend
that you check it out. Here's a link to screenshots and docs:
* Violation coloring is now configurable via command line or profile. The
profile entries are color-severity-highest, -high, -medium, -low, or
-lowest. Numbers are accepted in lieu of named severities (e.g.
'color-severity-5' for 'color-severity-highest'), and 'colour' is
accepted in lieu of 'color'.
* Handling of unrecognized policy configuration items is now controlled by
the profile_strictness. The default is to warn about them. The previous
default was that they were fatal.
* -p is now a synonym for --profile.
* The --verbose option for perlcritic now supports a %C format that will
displays the class of PPI::Element that caused the violation.
didn't include "pbp" in its default themes even though it is derived
from the book. Now it does. :]
* ErrorHandling::RequireCarping now allows a here document as the last
element if the "allow_messages_ending_with_newlines" option is true.
* Fix Subroutines::ProhibitAmpersandSigils so it allows "defined(&x)" as
well as "defined &x". Patch from Kevin Ryde, RT #38855.
* Subroutines::ProtectPrivateSubs now has an "allow" option to specify
subroutines which are exempt from this policy. RT #38678.
Additionally, a "private_name_regex" option has been added that allows
you to specify what a private subrouting name looks like.
* Subroutines::RequireArgUnpacking now has an "allow_subscripts" option
to allow array slices and elements. RT #34009.
* Subroutines::RequireArgUnpacking now has an "allow_delegation_to" option
to allow the usual delegation idiom. Delegation to 'SUPER::' and
'NEXT::' are allowed by default. RT #33839.
* Subroutines::RequireArgUnpacking no longer generates a false positive
for '$$_', which is an obfuscated way of saying '$_->'. RT #37713.
* ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitMagicNumbers now has an
allow_to_the_right_of_a_fat_comma option, which defaults to true. Note
that it currently only works /directly/ to the right of a fat comma.
* Variables::ProhibitMatchVars had its default themes changed to "core
performance pbp", instead of "core bugs pbp" because, while the match
variables make regular expressions slow, it doesn't cause them to not
* Variables::ProhibitPackageVars has had FindBin and Log::Log4perl added
to the default exemptions.
* Variables::ProhibitReusedNames now has an "allow" option to specify
names that can be reused. It defaults to enabling $self and $class. RT
* Variables::RequireLocalizedPunctuationVars has a customizable set of
exemptions via the "allow" option.
New Developer Features:
* The guts of perlcritic have been moved to Perl::Critic::Command. You
can invoke Perl::Critic::Command::run() to get the equivalent of running
the command. (Note, however, this interface WILL change, so don't count
on the current one.)
* Modules have had a "INTERFACE SUPPORT" section added which states
whether the Perl::Critic developers consider the particular module is
public or not. Any removal of functionality from a public module will
go through a deprecation cycle. Non-public modules may have their
interfaces changed without notice.
* P::C::Policy now has an is_enabled() method.
* P::C::Violation now has an element_class() method.
* CodeLayout::ProhibitTrailingWhitespace didn't notice cases where PPI
would produce instances of PPI::Token::Whitespace that contained
* Subroutines::ProtectPrivateSubs no longer regards the exportable POSIX
subroutines whose names begin with underscore as private. RT #38678.
* Subroutines::RequireArgUnpacking mishandled a complicated sitation with
$_ being an array reference. RT #39601.
* Variables::RequireLocalizedPunctuationVars now applies to subscripted
names. RT #29384.
* The guts of Build.PL and Makefile.PL have been rearranged.
[1.097_002] Released on 2009-03-01
[1.097_001] Released on 2009-03-01
Changes summarized into 1.098 above. For exact details, see Changes on
[1.096] Released on 2009-02-01
* Documentation::PodSpelling now has a stop_words_file option.
* Modules::ProhibitEvilModules now has a modules_file option.
* ErrorHandling::RequireCarping will now allow a literal newline
as well as "\n". Fixed by Kyle Hasselbacher, RT #25046
* Fix InputOutput::ProhibitTwoArgOpen so it allows '-|' or '|-' as the
second of two arguments. Patches from Kyle Hasselbacher and Leland
Johnson, RT #42384.
* InputOutput::RequireBracedFileHandleWithPrint applies to printf as well
as print. Fixed by Kyle Hasselbacher, RT #42537.
* TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseStrict and
TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseWarnings are no longer fooled by a
block-scoped pragma. RT #42310.
* ValuesAndExpressions::RequireInterpolationOfMetachars allows for escaped
backslashes. Fixed by Tom Wyant, RT #38530.
* Fix for problem in P::C::Document in dealing with underscores in
expressions like "use 5.009_001". Patch by Kevin Ryde, RT #36570 and
* Fix in extras/perlcritic.el for a radio button. Patch by Kevin Ryde, RT
* Fix distclean target in Makefile.PL. Patch by Richard Soderberg,
* Fix temporary files not being cleaned up after tests. Patch by Kyle
Hasselbacher, RT #41443.
* Deal with changes in Pod::Parser v1.36 in test in t/05_utils_pod.t.
Documentation improvements contributed by Mark Grimes in response to RT
[1.095_001] Released on 2009-01-18
Changes summarized into 1.096 above. For exact details, see Changes on
Oked by rhaen@
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic/options.mk
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |