[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Fri Mar 6 15:17:07 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 8.3.3:
1. Version 8.3.3 (2009-01-02)
This release supercedes 8.3.2.
* The broken and confusing numeration and numeration2 numbered list
attributes have been dropped, use the style attribute instead.
2. Version 8.3.2 (2009-01-01)
Additions and changes
* Added Gouichi Iisaka's Graphviz filter to distribution.
* The SidebarBlock element can now be rendered with an abstract
* Reorganized filters into a separate subdirectory for each filter.
* Updated Makefile.in and MANIFEST files to reflect new filters
* Added listing style to LiteralBlock element so listings with nested
listing blocks can be rendered as a listing block.
* Changed example code filter to use preferred ListingBlock syntax
(the old ~ delimited filter syntax is no longer used).
* Implemented enumeration and enumeration2 numbered list attributes
for specifying the list numbering style (arabic, loweralpha,
upperalpha, lowerroman and upperroman).
* AsciiDoc now recognizes upperalpha, lowerroman and upperroman
numbers in listdef-numbered2 numbered lists and sets the number
style based on the style of the first numbered list item
(alternative to setting enumeration2 attribute).
* Updated formatlistpat definition in .vimrc example in User Guide.
* You can now backslash escape system block macros.
* Added Pychart FAQ.
* Drop paragraph text and list text, index and label match groups
from attributes -- they are included in the element's text and we
don't want them processed a second time as attributes.
* Changed comment line block macro to a passthrough block macro to
ensure no substitutions.
* A subslist no longer has to be appended to a PassthroughBlock macro
definition, if omitted no substitutions are performed.
* Code tidy up: replaced deprecated <> operator with !=.
* Removed unused linuxdoc code.
* Code tidy ups: dropped old types module reference; replaced
has_key() with preferred in operator.
* Old syntax source highlight filter regression: special characters
where not escaped in DocBook outputs.
3. Version 8.3.1 (2008-12-14)
Additions and changes
* Replaced the install.sh script with Ben Walton's updated autoconf
scripts -- see INSTALL for details.
* Added a generalized AttributeEntry syntax to allow arbitrary
configuration file entries to be set from within an AsciiDoc
document (suggested by Henrik Maier).
* Listing delimited blocks in DocBook outputs now support IDs; IDs of
titled Listing and Literal delimited blocks have been moved to the
enclosing DocBook example tag (thanks to Vijay Kumar for this
* Replaced vertical typewriter apostrophe with punctuation apostrophe
(thanks to Noah Slater).
* Regression: Excluding double-quotes from unquoted attribute values
resulted in backward incompatibility, double-quotes in unquoted
attribute values has been reinstated.
* Regression: Text like &...; was sometimes mistaken for an entity
reference -- tightened up entity reference matching.
4. Version 8.3.0 (2008-11-29)
Additions and changes
* AsciiDoc new tables is a complete redesign of the tables syntax
and generation. The new syntax and features are a huge improvement
over the old tables. The old tables syntax has been deprecated but
is currently still processed.
* Lists can now be styled like other block elements. This allows a
single list syntax for glossary, qanda (Question and Answer) and
bibliography lists instead of having to remember a different syntax
for each type.
* Inline passthroughs macros have been improved and block passthrough
macros added. Attribute substitution can be optionally specified
when the macro is called.
* The passthrough block has a fully transparent passthrough delimited
block block style called pass.
* The asciimath and latexmath passthrough macros along with
asciimath and latexmath passthrough blocks provide a (backend
dependent) mechanism for rendering mathematical formulas. There are
LaTeX Math, AsciiMathML and LaTeXMathML examples on the
* Reimplemented and cleaned up filter processing based on a patch
submitted by Kelly Anderson. Uses the newer subprocess module
instead of the deprecated popen2 module. Now works in Win32 command
* Addition FAQs, more documentation updates.
* Arbitrary HTML/XML entities can be entered in AsciiDoc source.
* Did away with the need for the shaded-literallayout.patch (thanks
to Henrik Maier for this patch).
* Implemented page break block macro.
* Added line breaks and ruler processing instructions to DocBook
outputs (thanks to Henrik Maier for this patch).
* Added deg (degree) and wj (word joiner) entity attributes (thanks
to Henrik Maier).
* Tweaked DocBook indexterm2 macro to avoid white space preceding the
term when used in table cells (thanks to Henrik Maier for this
* Title elements now process the options attribute like other block
* Added `single quoted' element.
* Spaces on both sides of a -- em-dash are translated to thin space
* Improved detection and reporting of malformed attribute lists.
* The list compact style is now a list option.
* Added strong labeled list option which makes the labels bold (HTML
* Dropped unsupported linuxdoc backend.
* Dropped deprecated xhtml-deprecated (version 6) backend.
* Added breakable and unbreakable attribute options to tables to
control table breaking across page boundaries (DocBook XSL/FO
outputs). By and in collaboration with Henrik Maier.
* Added pgwide attribute option to tables to table, block image,
horizontal labeled lists. Specifies that the element should be
rendered across the full text width of the page irrespective of the
current indentation (DocBook XSL/FO outputs). Thanks to Henrik
Maier for this patch.
* Vim syntax highlighter: spaces before/after bullets no longer
highlighted (which is ugly if using a theme that highlights with
underlines). Thanks to Donald Chai for this patch.
* Added a2x(1) --fop option.
* Added a2x(1) --no-xmllint option.
* Highlighted labelled list terms with the navy color in XHTML
* Use w3m(1) as default a2x(1) text format generator (fallback to
* Changed callout formats in html4 and xhtml11 outputs to angle
brackets to match source highlighter rendering.
* Macros now inject user defined <optionname>-option attributes into
* Added IRC URLs to AsciiDoc inline macros.
* Added depth attribute to include:: system macro.
* Added footnoteref inline macro.
* Added stylesheet XHTML attribute to specify additional custom CSS
* If a paragraph style is specified it will be added to the XHTML
class attribute and DocBook role attribute.
* Replacements can be set in a document using the reserved
AttributeEntry name replacement.
* The prefix for auto-generated section name IDs can be set with the
* Escaped quote skipped over leading and trailing quote instead of
just the leading quote.
* Fixed bug that was causing false negative safe mode warnings (patch
submitted by Julien Palmas).
* Placed priority of AttributeEntry, AttributeList and BlockTitle
above Title. This ensures an AttributeEntry, AttributeList or
BlockTitle followed by a same length leading ListingBlock delimiter
is not mistaken for a two-line title.
* Vim syntax highlighter: fixed multi-line quoted text.
* Contstrained quote termination after non-space character enforced.
* Vim syntax highlighter: unterminated quoted text is no longer
* Vim syntax highlighter: passthroughs now exactly match AsciiDoc
* Vim syntax highlighter: escaped quoted text, attribute references
and inline macros are not highlighted.
* Vim syntax highlighter: TODO's highlighted in CommentBlocks (thanks
to Scott Wall); non-greedy $$...$$.
* Vim syntax highlighter: Comment lines mistaken for vertical list
labels (thanks to Scott Wall).
* Vim syntax highlighter: Single unmatched $$ mistakenly highlighted
remaining text (patch contributed by Scott Wall).
* Callouts now work in source highlighted listing generated by
* Fixed exception that occured if undefined attribute was present in
* AttributeList block can now follow a paragraph without intervening
* The include macro tabsize attribute is no longer propagated to
The following features were implemented but then but removed from this
* pi, cdata and comment passthrough macros and passthrough block
styles (creeping featurism, use pass macros instead).
* Generic tag inline macro (creeping featurism, use pass macros
4.1. Compatibility issues
Version 8.3.0 has a number of backward incompatibilities with respect
to the previous 8.2.7 release:
* The old table syntax is still processed but a DEPRECATED warning is
* Entity references have to be escaped with a backslash.
* You have to explicitly precede horizontal style labeled lists with
the [horizontal] style attribute -- by default all labeled lists
are rendered vertically.
* The list compact style has been dropped and is now a list option
(use options="compact" in attribute lists).
* AsciiDoc version 6 sytnax no longer supported.
* Linuxdoc been removed from the distribution.
* The unsupported experimental latex backend has not been tested on
* The introduction of single-quote quoting requires that double-quote
quoting is escaped with two backslashes.
5. Version 8.2.7 (2008-07-04)
Additions and changes
* Added dvi, ps and tex output format options to a2x(1).
* Added --dblatex option to a2x(1) so dblatex(1) can be used to
* Added custom dblatex(1) configuration files (in distribution
./dblatex directory) that are used by a2x(1).
* dblatex(1) is now used to generate the distributed PDF version of
the AsciiDoc User Guide.
* If you don't need a customized the link caption you can enter the
http, https, ftp, file URLs and email addresses without any special
macro syntax -- you get the links by just cutting and pasting URLs
and emails addresses. This also makes it easier to open links
directly form AsciiDoc source ( most editors allow you to open URLs
directly). The Vim syntax highlighter has been updated to reflect
* Highlighted source code paragraphs have been implemented -- it's a
much more convenient way to enter short code examples (see the
* The source highlighter and music filter syntax has changed -- they
now used the ListingBlock syntax customized with source and music
style attribute values. This follows the Paragraph styling
convention introduced by the source paragraph (previous item) and
is easier to read. The old syntax still works but has been
* QuoteBlocks now have a verse style -- you no longer have to nest a
verse LiteralBlock inside a QuoteBlock for verses. The verse style
on the LiteralBlock has been deprecated (still works though) and
the style attribute is positional attribute 1, pushing attribution
and citetitle attributes to the right (you'll need to insert a
quote attribute into your existing QuoteBlocks).
* It is no up to the DocBook processor to highlight source code
syntax in <programlisting> elements rather than GNU Highlighter --
this is the correct way to handle it, plus dblatex(1) makes a much
* scaledwidth and align attributes have been added to the image
macro. They apply to DocBook outputs (specifically for PDF
documents). scaledwidth sets the image size as a percent of the
available page width; align applies left, center or right
horizontal image justification.
* Added a2x(1) --fop-opts=FOP_OPTS option (patch submitted by Miklos
* Added a2x(1) --dblatex-opts=DBLATEX_OPTS option.
* Added Mikhail Yakshin's FOP 0.95 patch which fixes a long-standing
fo.xsl problem and allows PDF's to be generated with FOP 0.95
(previously had to use FOP 0.20.5).
* The User Guide has been updated and outdated FOP configuration and
installation sections removed.
* Fixed stylesheets/xhtml11-manpage.css not being included when
linkcss attribute was used.
* Configuration file *-style attributes are now dumped correctly.
* Fixed FAILED: malformed section entry LaTeX backend error.
See the also the AsciiDoc repository changelog.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.17 -r1.18 pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc/distinfo
cvs rdiff -u -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -u -r1.1 -r0 pkgsrc/textproc/asciidoc/patches/patch-ab
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |