[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/archivers/pbzip2
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Sat Jan 3 18:33:55 UTC 2009
pkgsrc/archivers/pbzip2: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.0.4:
Changes in 1.0.4 (Dec 21, 2008)
- Added support to use pbzip2 with tar (--use-compress-prog=pbzip2).
- Added support for all remaining bzip2 command line options so
pbzip2 can be used as a drop-in replacement for bzip2.
- Fixed bug that would cause pbzip2 to crash if detection of the
number of processors failed.
- Now prevents uclibc from being exposed to its lack of a
Changes in 1.0.3 (Oct 31, 2008)
- Added support for compression using stdin and pipes! Thanks
to Ivan Voras for supplying the patch to enable this feature.
- Added support for decompression using stdin and pipes but
currently limited to only a single thread
- Added support for testing bzip2 files using stdin and pipes
- Added support to directly decompress files without using
threads when files are small or the system only has 1 CPU.
This mode is also used if the .bz2 file contains only 1
- Added support to compress 0 byte files like bzip2
- Added support for pbzcat symlink to automatically specify
decompression mode to stdout, just like bzcat
- Increased max supported path and filename from 255 to 2048
- Updated RPM spec to support SUSE Linux
- Updated help display to show how many CPUs autodetect has found
- Code cleanup
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.20 -r1.21 pkgsrc/archivers/pbzip2/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.13 -r1.14 pkgsrc/archivers/pbzip2/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |