[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/net/rsync
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: bjs
Date: Tue Sep 16 22:29:23 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/net/rsync: Makefile distinfo
Update to rsync-3.0.4.
Changes since 3.0.3:
- Fixed a bug in the hard-linking code where it would sometimes try to
allocate 0 bytes of memory (which fails on some OSes, such as AIX).
- Fixed the hard-linking of files from a device that has a device number
of 0 (which seems to be a common device number on NetBSD).
- Fixed the handling of a --partial-dir that cannot be created. This
particularly impacts the --delay-updates option (since the files cannot
be delayed without a partial-dir), and was potentially destructive if
the --remove-source-files was also specified.
- Fixed a couple issues in the --fake-super handling of xattrs when the
destination files have root-level attributes (e.g. selinux values) that
a non-root copy can't affect.
- Improved the keep-alive check in the generator to fire consistently in
incremental-recursion mode when --timeout is enabled.
- The --iconv option now converts the content of a symlink too, instead
of leaving it in the wrong character-set (requires 3.0.4 on both sides
of the transfer).
- When using --iconv, if a filename fails to convert on the receiving side,
this no longer makes deletions in the root-dir of the transfer fail
silently (the user now gets a warning about deletions being disabled
due to IO error as long as --ignore-errors was not specified).
- When using --iconv, if a server-side receiver can't convert a filename,
the error message sent back to the client no longer mangles the name
with the wrong charset conversion.
- Fixed a potential alignment issue in the IRIX ACL code when allocating
the initial "struct acl" object. Also, cast mallocs to avoid warnings.
- Changed some errors that were going to stdout to go to stderr.
- Made human_num() and human_dnum() able to output a negative number
(rather than outputting a cryptic string of punctuation).
- Rsync will avoid sending an -e option to the server if an older protocol
is requested (and thus the option would not be useful). This lets the
user specify the --protocol=29 option to access an overly-restrictive
server that is rejecting the protocol-30 use of -e to the server.
- Improved the message output for an RERR_PARTIAL exit.
- The Makefile will not halt for just a timestamp change on the Makefile
or the configure files, only for actual changes in content.
- Changed some commands in the testsuite's xattrs.test that called "rsync"
instead of "$RSYNC".
- Enhanced the release scripts to be able to handle a branch release and
to do even more consistency checks on the files.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.76 -r1.77 pkgsrc/net/rsync/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.31 -r1.32 pkgsrc/net/rsync/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |