[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Harness
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: he
Date: Wed Sep 10 20:30:11 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Harness: Makefile distinfo
Update from version 2.62 to 3.13, discussed in general terms with maintainer.
o Canonicalize HOMEPAGE
o Change module build type to Module::Build
Upstream changes (possibly incomplete; could not find 2.62 in list):
- fixed various closure related leaks
- made prove honour HARNESS_TIMER
- Applied patches supplied by Alex Vandiver
- add 'rules' switch to prove: allows parallel execution rules
to be specified on the command line.
- allow '**' (any path) wildcard in parallel rules
- fix bug report address
- make tprove_gtk example work again.
- applied Steve Purkis' huge refactoring patch which adds
configurable factories for most of the major internal classes.
- applied David Wheeler's patch to allow exec to be a code
- made tests more robust in the presence of -MFoo in PERL5OPT.
- applied Jim Keenan's patch that makes App::Prove::run return a
rather than exit (#33609)
- prove -r now recurses cwd rather than 't' by default (#33007)
- restored --ext switch to prove (#33848)
- added ignore_exit option to TAP::Parser and corresponding
interfaces to TAP::Harness and Test::Harness. Requested for
- Implemented rule based parallel scheduler.
- Moved filename -> display name mapping out of formatter. This
prevents the formatter's strip-extensions logic from stripping
extensions from supplied descriptions.
- Only strip extensions from test names if all tests have the
same extension. Previously we stripped extensions if all names
had /any/ extension making it impossible to distinguish tests
whose name differed only in the extension.
- Removed privacy test that made it impossible to subclass
- Delayed initialisation of grammar making it easier to replace
the TAP::Parser stream after instantiation.
- Make it possible to supply import parameters to a replacement
harness with prove.
- Make it possible to replace either _grammar /or/ _stream
before reading from a TAP::Parser.
- fix undefined value warnings with bleadperl.
- added pragma support.
- fault unknown TAP tokens under strict pragma.
- support for HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES containing things like
- set HARNESS_IS_VERBOSE during verbose testing.
- documentation fixes.
- added support for 'out' option to
Test::Harness::execute_tests. See #32476. Thanks RENEEB.
- Fixed YAMLish handling of non-alphanumeric hash keys.
- Added --dry option to prove for 2.64 compatibility.
- prove now supports HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES.
- restored TEST_VERBOSE to prove.
- Skip t/unicode.t if PERL_UNICODE set. Fixes #31731.
- App::Prove::State no longer complains about tests that
- --state=new and --state=old now consider the modification time
of test scripts.
- Made test suite core-compatible.
- Skip unicode.t if Encode unavailable
- Support for .proverc files.
- Clarified prove documentation.
- Fixed output leakage with really_quiet set.
- Progress reports for tests without plans now show
"143/?" instead of "143/0".
- Made TAP::Harness::runtests support aliases for test names.
- Made it possible to pass command line args to test programs
from prove, TAP::Harness, TAP::Parser.
- Added --state switch to prove.
- Fixed some little bugs-waiting-to-happen inside
- Added parser_args callback to TAP::Harness.
- Made @INC propagation even more compatible with 2.64 so that
parrot still works *and* #30796 is fixed.
- Process I/O now unbuffered, uses sysread, plays better with
select. Fixes #30740.
- Made Test::Harness @INC propagation more compatible with 2.64.
Was breaking Parrot's test suite.
- Added HARNESS_OPTIONS (#30676)
- Fix for RHEL incpush.patch related failure.
- Output real time of test completion with --timer
- prove -b adds blib/auto to @INC
- made SKIP plan parsing even more liberal for pre-v13 TAP
- Non-dev release. No changes since 2.99_09.
- Implemented TODO-in-PLAN syntax for TAP version 12 and earlier.
- Tiny changes. New version pushed to get some smoke coverage.
- Fix for #21938: Unable to handle circular links
- Fix for #24926: prove -b and -l should use absolute paths
- Fixed prove switches. Big oops. How the hell did we miss that?
- Consolidated quiet, really_quiet, verbose into verbosity.
- Various VMS related fixes to tests
- Added skip_all method to TAP::Parser.
- Display reason for skipped tests.
- make test now self tests.
- Fix for occasional rogue -1 exit code on Windows.
- Fix for @INC handling under CPANPLUS.
- Added real time to prove --timer output
- Improved prove error message in case where 't' not found and
no tests named.
- Fixed bug where 'All tests successful' would not be printed if bonus
tests are seen.
- Fixed bug where 'Result: FAIL' would be printed at the end of a test
run if there were unexpectedly succeeding tests.
- Added -M, -P switches to allow arbitrary modules to be loaded
by prove. We haven't yet defined what they'll do once they
load but it's a start...
- Added testing under simulated non-forking platforms.
- Refactored all display specific code out of TAP::Harness.
- Relaxed strict parsing of skip plan for pre v13 TAP.
- Elapsed hi-res time is now displayed in integer milliseconds
instead of fractional seconds.
- prove stops running if any command-line switches are invalid.
- prove -v would try to print an undef.
- Added support for multiplexed and forked parallel tests. Use
prove -j 9 to run tests in parallel and prove -j 9 --fork to
fork. These features are experimental and currently
unavailable on Windows.
- Rationalized the management of the environment that we give to
test scripts (PERL5LIB, PERL5OPT, switches).
- Fixed handling of STDIN (we no longer close it) for test
- Performance enhancements. Parser is now 30% - 40% faster.
- Ensure prove (and App::Prove) sort any recursively
- It is now possible to register multiple callback handlers for
a particular event.
- Added before_runtests, after_runtests callbacks to
- Moved logic of prove program into App::Prove.
- Added simple machine readable summary.
- Performance improvement: The processing pipeline within
TAP::Parser is now a closure which speeds up access to the
various attribtes it needs.
- Performance improvement: Test count spinner now updates
exponentially less frequently as the count increases which
saves a lot of I/O on big tests.
- More improvements in test coverage from Leif.
- Fixes to TAP spooling - now captures YAML blocks correctly.
- Fix YAMLish handling of empty arrays, hashes.
- Renamed TAP::Harness::Compatible to Test::Harness,
runtests to prove.
- Fixes to @INC handling. We didn't always pass the correct path
- We now observe any switches in HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES.
- Changes to output formatting for greater compatibility with
- Added unicode test coverage and fixed a couple of
- Additions to documentation.
- Added support for non-forking Perls. If forking isn't
available we fall back to open and disable stream merging.
- Added support for simulating non-forking Perls to improve our
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.26 -r1.27 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Harness/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Harness/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |