[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: he
Date: Mon Aug 11 14:46:24 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic: Makefile distinfo
Update from version 1.051 to 1.090.
o Adjust dependencies to match new requirements
[1.090] Released on 2008-07-22
* Test was incorrectly failing when Regexp::Parser wasn't installed.
[1.089] Released on 2008-07-21
* -s is now a synonym for --single-policy.
* Subroutines::ProhibitBuiltinHomonyms now also prohibits subroutines
with the same name as a Perl keyword (e.g. if, foreach, while).
Inspired by RT #37632.
* Subroutines::ProtectPrivateSubs now allows expressions like
"shift->_some_private_method();". Note that this *only* applies
to the "shift" function -- a private method call on the right of any
other bareword still causes a violation. RT #34713.
* Subroutines::RequireFinalReturn now includes exec in the set of things
that mark a successful return. RT #37672
* ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitInterpolationOfLiterals now takes a
allow_if_string_contains_single_quote option. Contributed by Ed
Avis <ed%membled.com@localhost>. RT #36125.
* ValuesAndExpressions::RequireInterpolationOfMetachars now supports a
rcs_keywords option to allow for the common case where those require
* BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitSleepViaSelect would complain if there were
three undefs as arguments to select(), but one of them was the timeout.
* Reduced false positives in
RegularExpressions::ProhibitSingleCharAlternation. Thanks to
Andy Lester and Elliot Shank test cases.
* RegularExpressions::ProhibitUnusedCapture would complain if there were
multiple captures used in a substitution, e.g. s/(.)(.)/$2$1/.
* Subroutines::ProhibitAmpersandSigils no longer complains about
* Makefile.PL, Build.PL and other ".PL" scripts which typically do not
have a shebang are no longer mistaken as modules. This prevents
spurious warnings from Modules::RequireEndWithOne. RT #20481.
* Tests are now self compliant.
[1.088] Released on 2008-07-04
* ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitLeadingZeros now accepts octal numbers
for the Unix permissions argument to chmod, dbmopen, mkdir, sysopen, or
umask, by default. Use the "strict" option to get the old behavior.
* Due to the consensus at YAPC::NA 2008,
Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables default severity has been raised to
* The perlcritic "--Version" option is now "--version" in order to act
like the rest of the world.
[1.087] Released on 2008-06-21
* CodeLayout::ProhibitParensWithBuiltins no longer complains about
* TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseWarnings will not complain about files
that contain a "use 5.005" statement or similar for perls prior to 5.6.
Lesson of the day: computer conferences where you can meet in the real
world can clarify conversations greatly. Good to finally meet you Adam.
* InputOutput::ProhibitTwoArgOpen similarly will not complain if there's
a "use/require 5.005" statement in the file. RT #34385.
* Perl::Critic can now critique a file named "0". However, PPI will give
a parse error until the next version comes out. Fixes RT #36127.
* Moved detection of the lack of any enabled Policies from P::C::Config
to Perl::Critic. This was causing the perlcritic.t in Parrot to fail.
Note, however, there are plans afoot to change how Perl::Critic is
configured and things that depend upon that may break. Please contact
users%perlcritic.tigris.org@localhost and tell us how you're using
directly so that we can take your needs into account.
[1.086] Released on 2008-06-12
* NamingConventions::ProhibitAmbiguousNames now specifies the name that
it had problems with in its violation descriptions.
* The color option wasn't being correctly set from a .perlcriticrc.
* --colour is now a synonym for --color.
[1.085] Released on 2008-06-07
* Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables detects a few more cases. It's
still very limited, though.
* ControlStructures::ProhibitUnreachableCode didn't notice "until" was an
Minor documentation updates.
[1.084] Released on 2008-05-24
* perlcritic now supports a --list-themes option.
* You can specify the maximum number of violations you want per Policy
per document. Developers can give a default value for this for a
Policy by overriding default_maximum_violations_per_document().
See RequireUseStrict and ProhibitMagicNumbers for examples.
* The ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitMagicNumbers policy has been moved
from Perl::Critic::More into the primary Perl::Critic distribution.
* Variables::ProhibitUnusedVariables (very dumb, limited initial
Contributed by Mike O'Regan. Kickin' ass, Mike.
* ControlStructures::ProhibitUnreachableCode now handles the perl 5.10
"//" and "err" operators. RT #36080
* InputOutput::RequireBriefOpen now ignores opens of STDIN, STDOUT,
and STDERR. You're generally trying to make long-lasting global
effects when manipulating these. (RT #35774)
* RegularExpressions::ProhibitUnusualDelimiters now supports an
* RegularExpressions::RequireBracesForMultiline now supports an
* TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseStrict now accepts "use Moose::Role"
as equivalent to "use strict". (RT #34838)
* TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseWarnings now accepts "use Moose::Role"
as equivalent to "use warnings". (RT #34838)
* ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitMagicNumbers now accepts constant
* Variables::ProhibitMatchVars no longer detects "use English;".
This problem is detected in a more clear way by
* Variables::ProhibitPerl4PackageNames no longer complains about
$'/$POSTMATCH. RT #36059
* Variables::RequireLocalizedPunctuationVars now allows the use of "my".
* No longer falls over if a single file has a parse error.
New Developer Features:
* If a document specifies a minimum perl version, e.g. "use 5.008003",
P::C::Document::highest_explicit_perl_version() will tell you what it
* The parameter to P::C::Policy::initialize_if_enabled is now a
P::C::PolicyConfig object instead of a hash reference.
* LOTS of documentation updates.
* A few more statistics are emitted by perlcritic with the --statistics
* perlcritic --profile-proto now includes policy abstracts in its
* Now depends upon PPI 1.203.
* New dependency upon version.
[1.083_006] Released on 2008-05-20
[1.083_005] Released on 2008-05-19
[1.083_004] Released on 2008-05-18
[1.083_003] Released on 2008-05-17
[1.083_002] Released on 2008-05-17
[1.083_001] Released on 2008-04-13
Changes summarized into 1.084 above. For exact details, see Changes in
1.083_006 on BackPAN.
[1.082] Released on 2008-03-08
* A new metadata system for defining policy parameters/options has been
added. This makes the life of policy authors easier because
configuration validation and parsing can be taken care of
automatically, in most cases. This allows greater integration with
IDEs and allows the perlcritic "--profile-proto" option to produce
Note: This change does NOT REQUIRE ANY CHANGES to policies outside of
this distribution; they should continue to work as is. However, use
of this facility can reduce the size of your code and provide the
means for tools to discover more about your policy. If this change
does break any of your policies, please let us know.
To learn how to take advantage of this facility, read
Perl::Critic::DEVELOPER and look at the source of any of the
configurable policies included in this distribution.
There is a discussion of the design considerations for this facility in
the source repository under doc/PolicyParameter_Notes.pod.
* Added support for "criticism-fatal" option in your perlcriticrc
file. This will be used by the criticism pragma to cause execution
to abort if the file contains any violations.
* Added an allow_last_statement_to_be_comma_separated_in_map_and_grep
option to ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommaSeparatedStatements.
Partial response to http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=27654.
* ControlStructures::ProhibitPostfixControls gains the ability to have
the flow control statements allowed to be modified. This in response
to RT #29540.
* TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseStrict now accepts "use Moose" as
equivalent to "use strict".
* TestingAndDebugging::RequireUseWarnings now accepts "use Moose" as
equivalent to "use warnings".
* RT #31281 perlcritic doesn't recognize "#!/bin/env perl" shebang
* Replace usage of Unicode property escapes with POSIX character classes
order to restore 5.6 compatability.
* RT #30388 ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitVersionStrings complained
about numbered directories in "use lib".
* Fixed handling of badly behaved spelling programs in PodSpelling.
[1.081_006] Released on 2008-03-02
[1.081_005] Released on 2007-12-29
[1.081_004] Released on 2007-12-20
[1.081_003] Released on 2007-12-16
[1.081_002] Released on 2007-12-16
[1.081_001] Released on 2007-12-15
Changes summarized into 1.082 above. For exact details, see Changes in
1.081_006 on BackPAN.
[1.080] Released on 2007-11-11
* Allow a "## no critic" statement after a shebang on line 1 of a
file. This allows users to block violations that apply to
whole files and still allow shebangs.
New Policies: (funded by a Perl Foundation grant)
Other New Policies
* Variables::ProhibitConditionalDeclarations now permits you to local-ize
variables in conditional declarations. This makes sense, since
C<local> is actually a variable modifier, rather than a declaration.
Thanks to David Golden for reporting this.
New Developer Features:
* Perl::Critic::Utils::PPIRegexp encapsulates interaction with
the PPI Regexp token classes. Those classes have very sparse
APIs, so this package hides away the ugly fiddling with PPI
* Added a new optional_modules parameter for the .run syntax.
* PPI::Structure::List can now contain multiple children,
so P::C::Utils::parse_arg_list() needs to handle it.
This was done in the process of fixing
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=24924, which was a problem
* ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitLongChainsOfMethodCalls wasn't resetting
chain length when it ran into the end of a sub-expression.
* ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitCommaSeparatedStatements was reporting
false positives when builtins which accept both no and multiple
arguments were involved.
* Removed all use of Carp in favor of exceptions.
* Now requires PPI 1.201. A number of workarounds for PPI bugs have been
* New dependency upon Exception::Class.
* Use Devel::CheckOS to see whether Perl::Critic is being installed on
a Solaris system and warn about tar(1) chopping file names off if it
[1.079_003] Released on 2007-10-22
[1.079_002] Released on 2007-10-21
[1.079_001] Released on 2007-10-09
Changes summarized into 1.080 above. For exact details, see Changes in
1.079_003 on BackPAN.
[1.078] Released on 2007-09-19
Restore Perl::Critic::TestUtils::should_skip_author_tests() and
get_author_test_skip_message(). Some Perl::Critic add-on distributions
are using them.
[1.077] Released on 2007-09-15
Note: if you don't have any problems installing Perl::Critic 1.076, there
is no need to upgrade to this version. There are no functionality
changes. This release only contains changes related to installation that
a few people were experiencing.
* Removed build-time use of Readonly, again, due to problems some people
were having when trying to compile the code by hand, rather than using
* Don't run author tests if there's a .svn directory present because
users who grabbed the code from the source repository were executing
them and getting failures.
* Don't generate optional, module-hiding test wrappers if author tests
are not enabled.
[1.076] Released on 2007-09-07
It appears from reports on the 1.075_001 release that the subroutine
sigils were indeed the problem. Release to the general populace.
[1.075_001] Released on 2007-09-06
Undo the changes in 1.073 and 1.074. Instead, stop using the subroutine
sigil in import and export lists. It is suspected that the problem lies
with Exporter stripping off ampersands.
[1.074] Released on 2007-09-04
Repeat the Makefile.PL change on
I love CPAN Testers.
[1.073] Released on 2007-09-04
Work around problems with the combination of Exporter & Readonly in
Makefile.PL on some machines.
[1.072] Released on 2007-09-03
* The Makefile generated by Makefile.PL was not syntactically correct
according to some versions of Solaris. Thanks to Diab Jerius
(DJERIUS) for discovery and testing.
* Fixed mis-definition of "quiet" value for the "--profile-strictness"
* Enhanced testing with the absence of optional modules.
[1.071] Released on 2007-08-24
The "Brown Paper Bag" Release
* Tests would not pass in environments that did not have all optional
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.2 -r1.3 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r18.104.22.168 -r1.2 pkgsrc/devel/p5-Perl-Critic/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |