[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: [pkgsrc-2008Q1] pkgsrc/net/liblive
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: rtr
Date: Fri May 16 13:53:20 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/net/liblive [pkgsrc-2008Q1]: Makefile PLIST distinfo
pullup ticket #2384 - requested by obache
liblive: update package fixes & security vulnerabilities
revisions pulled up:
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: obache
Date: Sat Apr 26 11:38:43 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/net/liblive: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update liblive to 2008.04.09.
draw upon a patch to update for 2007.01.17 in PR 38038
While here, add DESTDIR support and fix permission of installed libraries.
- Corrected a type-related bug in "RTPInterface::handleRead()". (Thanks to
Brain Lai for noting this.)
- Fixed a bug in "RTSPClient" that would prevent RTCP "RR" reports from
being sent to
the correct multicast address when we are receiving a multicast stream.
(Thanks to Changjin Liu for noticing this.)
- Fixed a bug that was introduced in the "2007.12.27" release. The
"timeout" parameter to the call to
"readSocket" in "SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler()" in "RTPInterface.cpp"
needed to be initialized
(to zero) first. (Thanks to Lodewijk Loos for alerting us to this problem.)
- Added a new config file "config.bfin-linux-uclibc", and renamed
"config.bfin_uclinux" as "config.bfin-uclinux".
(Thanks to Mike Frysinger.)
- Added a hack (suggested by "Romain") to "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" to
produce more accurate per-transport-packet duration estimates for wildly VBR
- Updated "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" to support the addition of
MPEG-4 Audio or Video Elementary Streams.
- Updated "RTSPOverHTTPServer.cpp" (a work in progress) so that it complies
properly for some versions of
Visual Studio on Windows. (Thanks to Eric Flickner for noting this.)
- Corrected the "getNormalPlayTime()" function - introduced in the previous
release - to allow for 'trick play'
scale factors other than 1.
- Added a new member function
which - given a stream's current presentation time - returns the "Normal
This function is useful for RTSP streams.
- Added support for a "a=control:" URL specified in the SDP description at
the session level.
- Changed the "RTSPClient" timeout - introduced in the previous release -
5s to 30s.
- Added support for setting and returning the RTSP session start time (as
well as the end time).
(This eliminates the need for the "live-starttime.patch" file that VLC was
- Updated some of the system-specific configuration files, to eliminate the
need for many of the patches that
the VLC developers added to their code.
- Added a 5s timeout to the "RTSPClient" code that checks for RTSP responses.
This mirrors a change that was already being done to VLC's copy of the code.
(This is still a short-term fix, until the "RTSPClient" code is rewritten to
properly use asynchronous I/O, using the event loop.)
- Added a timeout to the "readSocket()" call in
"SocketDescriptor::tcpReadHandler()" in "RTPInterface.cpp",
to handle reading RTP-over-TCP data. This allows for the possibility of
non-cooperative RTSP clients.
(Thanks to Peter Leese for this suggestion.) This is probably not a
more thought is needed...
- Fixed "H2633plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession" to properly use a dynamic
RTP payload type, rather than the
static type 34 (which is reserved for the now-obsolete old "video/H263" RTP
- Updated "JPEGVideoRTPSource" to take optional 'default width' and 'default
These parameters can be set by fields in the SDP description, and can be
used to specifiy unusually
large frame widths and/or heights. (Thanks to Andrey Filippov.)
- Fixed a couple of memory leaks in "DarwinInjector". (Thanks to Eyal
Beit-Halachmi for noting these.)
- Removed old 'backwards compatibility' stuff from "FramedSource". (Noone
should be relying upon this any more.)
- Fixed a bounds-checking error in "parseRTSPRequestString()" caused by an
int vs. unsigned problem.
(Thanks to Luigi Auriemma for noting this.)
- In "RTSPClient.cpp", fixed a couple of "unsigned" vs. "int" nits. (Thanks
for Brain Lai for noting this.)
- Several of the options to "openRTSP" have now been changed, with two new
See the "openRTSP" documentation <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/> for
- Fixed a bug in the way that "MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" parses
'config' information (for inclusion in
the stream's SDP description). (Thanks to Nicola Bova for helping to
identify this bug.)
- Eliminated a potential memory (and socket) leak when allocating server
RTP,RTCP socket pairs.
(Thanks to David Pan for reporting this.)
- Updated "ByteStreamFileSource" to treat a 0-byte file read the same as EOF.
- Ensure that we have reasonable OS buffering for writes on non-blocking
- Removed a debugging printf() that had been left in by mistake. (Thanks to
Massimo Zito for noticing this.)
- Updated the "RTSPServer" implementation to work better on systems with
more than one IP address.
The server will now include - in its RTSP responses - the IP address on
which the corresponding incoming request
- Added some sanity checks to various "MediaSink" subclasses, in case
"fSource" is NULL.
(Thanks to Andrey Kaminsky for noting one of these.)
- Made sure that "MPEG2TransportStreamFramer"s estimate of the average
duration of each Transport Packet
gets updated correctly after each 'seek' operation. (Thanks to Massimo Zito
for suggesting this.)
- Fixed a bug in "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" that was causing
timestamps to not be generated correctly. (Thanks to Massimo Zito for
- Fixed a bug in "RTSPServer" and "RTSPClient" that would cause problems
files whose names have spaces in them.
- Fixed a bug in "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::deleteStream". (Thanks to
- Make the sockets for "RTPSource", "RTCPInstance" and "BasicUDPSource"
non-blocking, even though they will be read
from only asynchronously, when packets arrive. The reason for this is that,
in some OSs, reads on a blocking
socket can (allegedly) sometimes block, even if the socket was previously
reported (e.g., by "select()") as
having data available. (This can supposedly happen if the UDP checksum
fails, for example.)
(Thanks to Marc Neuberger for pointing this out.)
- Fixed a bug in "MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp" that was
fast-forward to fail. (Some debugging code had been left in by mistake.)
- Modified "setupDatagramSocket()" to better handle setting
"ReceivingInterfaceAddr" when creating a socket
to be used to send/receive multicast.
- Made a couple of minor changes to overcome some compilation errors that
some people were apparently seeing.
- The RTSP server now includes the "source=" parameter in the response to a
RTSP "SETUP" command.
This works around a bug in QuickTime Player that would cause it to not send
RTCP "RR" packets
(when playing a unicast stream, and running on Mac OS X). (Thanks to Dave
Singer et al at Apple for tracking
down this problem.)
- The RTSP server implementation no longer terminates the session if it
returns 400 or 405 errors.
- Fixed a problem in the new "RTSPOverHTTPServer" code that was causing some
people compilation problems.
- Fixed a typo in "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp". (Thanks to Nils Grundback
for noticing this.)
- Modified the signature of "RTSPServer::specialClientAccessCheck()"
(defined in the previous revision) to add
a new "clientAddr" parameter (a "struct sockaddr_in"), to allow special
access checking based on clients' IP
- Make sure that the locale is set to "POSIX" when calling "toupper()" or
"tolower()" on human-supplied strings.
(Thanks to Ismail Doenmez for noting this.)
- Modified "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor" to set the
"discontinuity_indicator" flag for the first
"adaptation_field" in the output Transport Stream.
- Changed "AMRAudioRTPSource" to more accurately report whether/when an
interleaved frame's timestamp has
been synchronized using RTCP.
(Thanks to David Bertrand for this patch.)
- Made to a small fix to the previous revision's support for multicast
streaming of raw UDP (nonstandard)
- Added a virtual function to "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" for closing
the stream source.
Subclasses can redefine this, if they wish, to do something smarter. (Thanks
to Igor Bukanov for this patch.)
- Added support to "RTSPServer" for optionally performing special per-client
access control, beyond the
standard Digest Authentication method. (Thanks to Igor Bukanov for this
- Made a minor optimization to "Groupsock.cpp". (Thanks to Maxim Petrov for
- Added an initial implementation of RTSP-over-HTTP at the server level (it
was already supported at the client level).
(Note: This code has not yet been completed, and doesn yet work, so don't
try to use it.)
- Updated "RTSPServer" to support multicast streaming of raw UDP streams
(Thanks to Aesmund Grammeltvedt for this modification.)
- Made "RTSPClient" a little more robust in case the TCP connection fails.
- Made "RTPSink::rtpmapLine()" virtual (as requested by Andrew Voznytsa).
- Removed an archaic (no longer used) declaration in
- Added an optional "allowKasennaProtocol" parameter to
(similar to "RTSPClient::describeURL()"). (Thanks to Igor Bukanov for this
- Fixed a bug that would cause the "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer"
application to fail when run on a big-endian
- Added a new cl "H264VideoFileSink", that prepends each incoming H.264 NAL
unit with the prefix 0x000001,
before writing it to the file. Also updated the "openRTSP" code to use
this, when receiving H.264/RTP streams.
(Thanks to Chris Kuiper for contributing this.)
- Added a temporary #ifdef to "GroupsockHelper.cpp" to work around a
compliation problem when building
- Improved the "MPEG2IndexFromTransportStream" class to recogize Transport
PAT and PMT (tables). This in turn makes the "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer"
utility more robust.
- Fixed a minor bug in "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource".
- Added RTSP server support for 'trick play' operations on MPEG-2 Transport
files. This requires the presence of a ".tsx" indexle for each ".ts" file.
(This functionality will shortly be documented on the LIVE555 web site,
and announced on the "live-devel" mailing list.)
- Improved the performance of asynchronous file reading in
(Thanks to Aesmund Grammeltvedt for this suggestion.)
- Added "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" to the "COMPILE_OPTS" line for each of the
Linux config files, in order to
alleviate possible problems with I/O on large files.
- We now implement "ByteStreamFileSource" on Windows using synchronous file
by default. I had thought that Windows XP had fixed the problem - present in
earlier versions of Windows - whereby open files are not treated as
sockets. But apparently the problem is still there.
- Added code that will - probably in the next release, very soon - support
'trick mode' operations on MPEG-2 Transport Stream files. At present, we
new applications - in the "testProgs" directory - that help support this:
"MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" create a special index file for a Transport
file), and "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" (to generate a new Transport
file that simulates a 'trick play' operation performed on the original
Stream file). See my forthcoming post to the "live-devel" mailing list for
- Fixed a bug in the Base64 encoding routine. (Thanks to Sebastian Gracias
for reporting this.)
- Made sure that each TCP socket used by a "RTSPserver" is non-blocking, so
that a slow or hanging client
cannot hang a server. (Thanks to "jers (at) inwind.it" for this suggestion.)
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.14 -r18.104.22.168 pkgsrc/net/liblive/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r22.214.171.124 pkgsrc/net/liblive/PLIST
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r126.96.36.199 pkgsrc/net/liblive/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |