[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
CVS commit: pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: sborrill
Date: Mon Apr 28 08:28:05 UTC 2008
pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd: Makefile distinfo
pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd/patches: patch-al patch-ao
Update to 2.14.3:
3.14.3 -- 20 January 2008 (Maintenance Release)
* A HAL policy file is automatically installed on Linux systems to disable
the hald-addon-hid-ups module which conflicts with apcupsd's control of
USB UPSes. The file is automatically removed when apcupsd is
* Add support for Nominal Power (aka Configured Active Power) reading.
Credit to Lars Randers <lars%nstec.dk@localhost> for most of the code.
* Add units to NOMINV, NOMOUTV, and NOMBATTV stats.
* Eliminate "warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
'char*'" warnings emitted from gcc-4.2.1 (earlier versions with
-Wwrite-strings). Contributed by Steve Yarmie
* Fix killpower and eeprom settings bug on USB modules introduced when
INPUT reports were prioritized over FEATURE reports.
* Fix bugs that could cause NIS-net driver to get stuck waiting for
comms to be restored instead of shutting down.
3.14.2 -- 15 September 2007 (Maintenance Release)
* Tray icon support on Vista. Vista does not allow background services
to interact with the user's desktop, so winapcupsd's built-in tray
icon did not work.
* Tray icon is now a standalone application "apctray" which is capable of
monitoring multiple Apcupsd instances via Apcupsd's NIS. Any Apcupsd
running NIS can be monitored. By default the icon monitors a single
apcupsd at 127.0.0.1:3551. See command line options below for adding
* Tray icon can be installed individually (disable other packages in the
installer) for users who want to use the icon only.
* Apctray command line options:
- No parameters: Start any instances listed in registry. If no
instances in reg, start a default instance monitoring the local
apctray.exe /host foo /port 3551 /add
- Add a monitor for the given host and port.
apctray.exe /host foo /port 3551 /del
- Remove the given monitor.
- Remove all monitors.
- Configure apctray to start automatically.
- Do not start automatically.
- Shut down apctray
* The win32 portions of winapcupsd have been almost entirely rewritten.
The code is cleaner (mostly) and lots of unused baggage has been
* USB fix for BackUPS LCD series. This fix carries a risk of breaking
models, but test results are positive so far.
* Fix linux-usb device detection bug when multiple hiddev nodes are
present. Fixes Fedora Bugzilla #245864:
* Fix SNMP port selection when using SNMP driver
* Add workaround for broken BackUPS Pro model that returns certain
reports encoded in ASCII. Based on a patch from David Fries
* apcsmart: Wait 20 seconds before declaring COMMLOST. This is necessary
when using a smart serial cable on an UPS with an SNMP monitoring card
installed. The SNMP card appears to disrupt serial comms for several
seconds when interesting events are in progress.
* Documentation updates: Fix up udev info for modern Linux distros.
Update Windows section for apctray.
* Don't leak unnecessary descriptors to child when execing apccontrol.
* Fix bug with multi-threaded net_open() calls. net_open() was using
a global buffer for the destination address. Yikes! Bug manifestied
itself in apctray with multiple monitors occasionally (and
timing-dependently) pointing to the wrong UPS.
* Correct multimon.conf humidity monitoring. Problem fixed by
Patrick Frei. Reference:
* Fix race between attach_ups() and detach_ups() which could result
in the UPSINFO structure being freed prematurely. Thanks to James
Abbott <j.abbott%imperial.ac.uk@localhost> for running many tests to help me
find this bug.
* Remove dependency on libc++ (again). Must use gcc as linker when
using libsupc++ since g++ automatically links against full libc++.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.56 -r1.57 pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.12 -r1.13 pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd/distinfo
cvs rdiff -r1.3 -r1.4 pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd/patches/patch-al
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/sysutils/apcupsd/patches/patch-ao
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |